Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What doe teens between 14 und 18 do in the uk?

What doe teens between 14 und 18 do in the uk?

Old Mar 17th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default What doe teens between 14 und 18 do in the uk?

What do teens between 14 and 18 do in their free time in the UK?
There don't seem to much going on..or do I just don't know about it?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What doe teens between 14 und 18 do in the uk?

There was never much going on when I was a teenager either. We just used to 'hang out' at the local park. Probably looking threatening and thuggish, but we weren't, we were just bored!

It's the same everywhere for teenage kids. Here, unless they're into sport or surfing they're stuffed.

Are your kids sporty? What about youth clubs around your way?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
There was never much going on when I was a teenager either. We just used to 'hang out' at the local park. Probably looking threatening and thuggish, but we weren't, we were just bored!

It's the same everywhere for teenage kids. Here, unless they're into sport or surfing they're stuffed.

Are your kids sporty? What about youth clubs around your way?
I had more to do over there than when I came here!

I remember looking at the "extra-curricular" activities (clubs) at my 'new' high school in oz. Sport, sport, and more sport.

I was like "Erm, what if you're not into sport?"

It took me 5 years to realise the answer was "Then you really don't belong here".
Old Mar 18th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I was into Sport and hobbies. There is plenty to do horse Riding, dancing, sailing, gliding, kite surfing, parachuting, ballooning, motorcross riding, art, painting, quad riding, playing an instrument = playing in a band, fencing, playing badminton/squash/tennis, ice skating, roller blading, rowing, skateboarding, photography clubs, Young Farmers clubs, Rotary, etc etc etc plenty to do wherever you live in the world. I never hung around the streets, nor did my friends, had plenty of fun and social life People who get bored are usually boring people, with no imagination or hobbies and there are plenty of them around, so would try and find those who are a bit more interesting for your kids. They probably are less likely to get into trouble and will have probably more fun and a better social life and no time for boredom. I certainly never was bored between those ages or even afterwards for that matter wherever I've been. I never liked boring people when I was a kid and find I still don't.

http://bigteens.meetup.com/cities/gb/woking-byfleet/
http://www.familiesonline.co.uk/arti...view/1408/1/19

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT DO kids do between the ages of 14 and 18, are u kidding?

1. Their one goal is to make their parents life hell, talk in one word sentences between gritted teeth. Fav word is "whatever".

2. Mess up school, the one I have worked 18 hours a day to pay for.

3. hibernate in their rooms, and come out for feeding time, and pocket money.

4. sleep.

5. bitch about what mom wears, says, does!

6. looks in mirror to make sure face is perfectly done with make up, hair in place and latest fashions on body.

7. telephone. At the age of 14 it is imperritive that one has ones own telephone line, and if not, well u aint going to see the bloody phone until said child is 18 and moved out.

8. Hobbies or activities - dont waste ur breath - they are boooooring!!!

9. as a parent go to the doctor and get some valium.

Last edited by Deedee13; Mar 18th 2007 at 2:14 pm. Reason: spelling like shite.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deedee13

1. Their one goal is to make their parents life hell, talk in one word sentences between gritted teeth. Fav word is "whatever".

4. sleep.

6. looks in mirror to make sure face is perfectly done with make up, hair in place and latest fashions on body.

7. telephone. At the age of 14 it is imperritive that one has ones own telephone line, and if not, well u aint going to see the bloody phone until said child is 18 and moved out.

Mmmmh...not surprised with somebody like you as a parent....
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmh...not surprised with somebody like you as a parent....
WOW let me just go into a corner and cry.....
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:03 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm they normally congregate in gangs on street corners , smoking drinking and scare the older generation for kicks !!
Sometimes they may steal a car and go for a drive . or experiment with underage sex , depends on the the weather i think !

If they dont do that they normally sit indoors on Playstations or X Boxes and stuff..

Not much else for them to do really is there ? !!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:04 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

4. sleep.

i like it
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I was into Sport and hobbies. There is plenty to do horse Riding, dancing, sailing, gliding, kite surfing, parachuting, ballooning, motorcross riding, art, painting, quad riding, playing an instrument = playing in a band, fencing, playing badminton/squash/tennis, ice skating, roller blading, rowing, skateboarding, photography clubs, Young Farmers clubs, Rotary, etc etc etc plenty to do wherever you live in the world. I never hung around the streets, nor did my friends, had plenty of fun and social life People who get bored are usually boring people, with no imagination or hobbies and there are plenty of them around, so would try and find those who are a bit more interesting for your kids. They probably are less likely to get into trouble and will have probably more fun and a better social life and no time for boredom. I certainly never was bored between those ages or even afterwards for that matter wherever I've been. I never liked boring people when I was a kid and find I still don't.

http://bigteens.meetup.com/cities/gb/woking-byfleet/
http://www.familiesonline.co.uk/arti...view/1408/1/19
I would like to see a Town a 14 year old can do all that in ....Horse Ride then parachute then Sail a boat in a town
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

WOW let me just go into a corner and cry.....
Nah Deedee i thought the post was pretty accurate
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:30 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I would like to see a Town a 14 year old can do all that in ....Horse Ride then parachute then Sail a boat in a town
Try Liverpool and the Wirral.
My youngest rode, my eldest sailed and my middle one shopped. No-one wanted to parachute but you could. And you could get hot air balloon rides which I would have loved to have done.
When we lived in the UK (15months ago) my 14 and 16 year old went into town, cinema, friends houses, friends came round, went down to the beach, went for coffee, swimming at the pool.The eldest did yoga.
On occasions they went rock climbing in a local quarry or at the climbing wall.
After school clubs, local tennis club. Girl guides, although that becomes uncool at around 15.
Old Mar 18th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't you heard of lakes. Where I lived, near Stratford on Avon, could do all three nearby. Anyway if you're a lousy rider on a large horse, maybe it would be a good idea to have a parachute... so you could do both in some cases.

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Try joining a gym, they often have lots for teens to do there.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:05 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

My 16 year old is into Rugby and travels all over the place. I don't think he has time to nick cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.