What do you say about UK.

Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:07 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you say about UK.

Originally Posted by Bob
It has seasons....and best of all, no mud season
Try telling that to summer festie goers....
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Bill and Ben and the Flowerpot Men etc....
© Moo and the hyphen site 2004.
Oh my god... You are homesick!

please tell me though what the phone number is '081 811 8181'

Some of those things on the list bring back a fond memory
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:54 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Oh my god... You are homesick!

please tell me though what the phone number is '081 811 8181'

Some of those things on the list bring back a fond memory

Hiya Woody

Exactly my thoughts....except one of my fav's was hector's house..!!!happy childhood days..!!

Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't that the phone number for "Live & Kicking" on a Saturday morning?

You know, Philip Schofield, Gordon the Gopher etc etc.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wildmark
Thats right why bother I should stay in Blackpool, after all we have tropical weather
Why do you want "Tropical Weather"?? I live In SE Florida where its tropical alright...so far this year its rained almost everyday, the humidity is regularly above 80% so you break into a sweat as soon as lift a finger let alone go out and do anything. We've had 4 hurricanes - including the latest WILMA - that led to no power for nearly 2 weeks and huge damage all over...bear in mind thats no power hence no A/C in 90+ degrees with high humidity 24/7....pleasant. And no you cant just go dip in the pool as its full of the trees that fell into it. We had to boil our water for 3 weeks and most roofs now have to have tarpaulins on them again since the roof repairs from last years hurricanes have blown off. You cant get house insurance here now and those that had it are having a God awful time getting payments for the 1000's of $$$$ of dmg everyone suffered. Some of the beaches are still closed due to raw sewage being dumped when the water systems failed...and we get to do it all again for 6 months next year. Hell yeah paradise has wonderful weather.

Heres a picture of paradise:

But at least we dont suffer the 4 months of freezing 6 foot plus of snow that they do up in the Northern states.

Having said that theres things here we couldn't or wouldnt do in the UK, but that doesnt mean the UK is a sh!thole.

So, my comment on the original topic? ... Where ever I live England will be my home.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Nov 21st 2005 at 12:45 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:30 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Why do you want "Tropical Weather"?? I live In SE Florida where its tropical alright...so far this year its rained almost everyday, the humidity is regularly above 80% so you break into a sweat as soon as lift a finger let alone go out and do anything. We've had 4 hurricanes - including the latest WILMA - that led to no power for nearly 2 weeks and huge damage all over...bear in mind thats no power hence no A/C in 90+ degrees with high humidity 24/7....pleasant. And no you cant just go dip in the pool as its full of the trees that fell into it. We had to boil our water for 3 weeks and most roofs now have to have tarpaulins on them again since the roof repairs from last years hurricanes have blown off. You cant get house insurance here now and those that had it are having a God awful time getting payments for the 1000's of $$$$ of dmg everyone suffered. Some of the beaches are still closed due to raw sewage being dumped when the water systems failed...and we get to do it all again for 6 months next year. Hell yeah paradise has wonderful weather.
Absolutely...my sympathies to you.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 2:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

..............!!!!!.

You (or whoever put in the hard graft to compile this exhaustive list) are spot on on many things. Others, whilst they admittedly do not do much for me - Bob Monkhouse springs to mind - I can at least understand, in a weird fascinating awfulness sort of way.

But you lost me on the hairnets...

Last edited by Elvira; Nov 21st 2005 at 2:53 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
You (or whoever put in the hard graft to compile this exhaustive list) are spot on on many things. Others, whilst they admittedly do not do much for me - Bob Monkhouse springs to mind - I can at least understand, in a weird fascinating awfulness sort of way.

But you lost me on the hairnets...
It's not really a "good" list for British things, just things that are British.

whoever put down Irish Paramilitary groups though got me a little
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really a "good" list for British things, just things that are British.

whoever put down Irish Paramilitary groups though got me a little

Oops - I missed that bit!

But I also thought there was no need to list Bruce Forsyth TWICE... :scared:
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
But I also thought there was no need to list Bruce Forsyth TWICE... :scared:
nothing in this game for a pair.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I did miss was that you can live in the country and not be too far away from a major city. I found in Australia you could either live country and be miles away from the city or you were in surburbia and miles away from the country. Again depending on which State you were in, when I was sober it was generally Melbourne and Sydney that this came to mind. I just came back form UK and It was nice to have it cold and frosty and the sun shining and the autumn leaves still on the trees...Its nice also to see newsreader and some celebs who have been around for years, to go back to the UK and see a familiar face staring back at your from the screen.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Heres a picture of paradise:

But at least we dont suffer the 4 months of freezing 6 foot plus of snow that they do up in the Northern states.

Having said that theres things here we couldn't or wouldnt do in the UK, but that doesnt mean the UK is a sh!thole.

So, my comment on the original topic? ... Where ever I live England will be my home.
Exactly....Britain is no paradise...but other countries ether...only a fool would think so
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Its not only florida thats gets rabid hot, its only 30 here in bris but the humidity has started to rise, the boys came out of school yesterday all sooty and grey, because when the humidity starts the kids just have to sit there and sweat! and any dust/dirt in the air sticks to them as they are wringing with sweat all day long. Paradise yeah I suppose you could go to Perth, that is truly disgusting heat, not humid usually but instead you are black with flys and temps are often high 30s +.

Its amusing people can never see heat has downsides too
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I like the humidity, I lived in Brisbane and Darwin and found I preferred it to the dry heats. I remember going back to the Uk in the UK summer and everyone was wearing shorts and T shirts at a cafe in Bournmouth where I met a friend and I was freezing sat their with baggy jumpers, coats and scalf, Did I get some strange looks LOL.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Its not only florida thats gets rabid hot, its only 30 here in bris but the humidity has started to rise, the boys came out of school yesterday all sooty and grey, because when the humidity starts the kids just have to sit there and sweat! and any dust/dirt in the air sticks to them as they are wringing with sweat all day long. Paradise yeah I suppose you could go to Perth, that is truly disgusting heat, not humid usually but instead you are black with flys and temps are often high 30s +.

Its amusing people can never see heat has downsides too