Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What do you lern in driving school??

What do you lern in driving school??

Old Oct 13th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default What do you lern in driving school??

Living in greater London with all the heavy traffic and streets not build for it....brings some question up for me.

What do you get taught in driving school....dont you get taught not to go into a bottle neck until it is clear and you can pass it without stopping the traffic on both side..and dont you get taught to keep the entrance to side streets free so people have not to block the whole traffic because they cant turn off because some idiot stand in front of it...and if you complain about it..all you get is the the 2 fingers and a f..k off??
Is it really so difficult to think a bit ahead when you sit behind a steering wheel...
Aaarrhh it really gets me...
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you lern in driving school??

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Living in greater London with all the heavy traffic and streets not build for it....brings some question up for me.

What do you get taught in driving school....dont you get taught not to go into a bottle neck until it is clear and you can pass it without stopping the traffic on both side..and dont you get taught to keep the entrance to side streets free so people have not to block the whole traffic because they cant turn off because some idiot stand in front of it...and if you complain about it..all you get is the the 2 fingers and a f..k off??
Is it really so difficult to think a bit ahead when you sit behind a steering wheel...
Aaarrhh it really gets me...
This makes me smile - you could be me having a rant. There are so many idiots on the roads who seem to have no knowlege of the highway code. My partner and I have discussed whether there are more idiots nowadays and have come to the conclusion that the idiot:good driver ratio is the same but because there are so many more cars on the road we notice bad driving more.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:32 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

How to spell learn!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How to spell learn!
Miau.....excuse me...spelling police is out again..English is not my language...but I do think I do pretty well... together with my other two language...but lern was a genuine spelling mistake..
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

How to spell learn!
Don't recall my instructors teaching me spelling...
Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Miau.....excuse me...spelling police is out again..English is not my language...but I do think I do pretty well... together with my other two language...but lern was a genuine spelling mistake..

It was just a joke! I really dont give a dam how you spell what!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

It was just a joke! I really dont give a dam how you spell what!
Is that dam or damn...?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

The drivers here are so much better here than in the US (despite the traffic being so much worse). I may just have the rose tints on though... ask me again in a couple of months!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinope
Is that dam or damn...?