What do you all think?

Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:16 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you all think?

I have just setup a new Auction Site which is completely free to list and sell, there is no fees for anything apart from what you pay the seller.

I was thinking that this site may be a good starting point for buying things when you land back here in the UK. Yes i have been in the position as some of you who know me will know and to be honest it was terrible trying to get the bare essentials together.

I still see that there is posts where ppl are heading out of the UK and need to sell things before leaving and also where others are still looking to do the dreaded buying of essentials for landing back here. I think the site would be a help in many ways.

What do you think guys?

Please dont tell me you would just use ebay for things. have you noticed how they are structuring their site lately? soon it will be a site for the big businesses like Ebuyer, littlewoods and the rest and even if you try to sell something when you do a search the little guys like us will be on page 99999999999

This is the reason i have put this site together, i wont post the URL until i get some feedback and the OK from the mods.

Any mods looking at this, i have no intention of advertising my site on here for financial reasons, it is completely FREE and you will see if you allow me to post the URL that all i will gain from the site is a fee for any clicks on the google adverts on the site which there are 3 at the moment. this would only be to cover the cost of SSL ( secure certificate) to keep everyhting secure when login or link to paypal, google checkout, nochex and worldpay if anyone buys something and uses the direct link to make a payment

Anyway, feedback from anyone would be appreciated

john/leeanne & kids
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

mumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant futuremumof2asdboys has a brilliant future
Default Re: What do you all think?

As a family, we will be selling alot of items before relocating. Also, when we arrive in the UK, we would need to buy alot.

Sounds good to me. PM the link & I'd love to look at it.

Very industrious of you!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:52 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent you a PM

If you can just post back here your thoughts on the site that would be great
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

can you pm me too pl
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:20 am
UK is Home

All constructive criticism is welcome
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: Hampshire - Brisbane - Staffordshire and soon Devon :)
SouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud of

I'd be really interested to see your site too!

I could've done with something like this recently, would've made the whole selling up stuff a lot easier. Great idea
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:27 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
All constructive criticism is welcome
E-bay, CraigsList.co.uk GumTree.com British Expats classifieds, local paper classifieds (and online classifieds), freeads.net UKclassifieds.co.uk +others These are all successful with a high number of visitors as potential buyers. Do a Google search for freeads in the UK and there are nearly 8m hits.
Why reinvent the wheel.

If it's free, how are you going to advertise it to get the traffic?

I'm out as the Dragons would say.

Last edited by Aviator; Oct 19th 2009 at 1:34 am.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

sounds a great idea can you also pm me the link.........
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:01 am
UK is Home

i totally understand and see where your coming form.

i would just like to make a comment on what you have mentioned though,

1, Ebay has fees to pay if you sell something!
2, GumTree is owned by Ebay and never will be any easier to browse for things
3, As you mentioned there are loads of other Auction websites out there and other advertising methods but if we all felt like that then there would never be any more that one of any type of site which would make it simple for that site ( like ebay) to do what they want with fees and the whole structure once you are hooked that its a great selling site and everyone uses it.

4, My Advertising of the site is why i am in here and have a few ads on the site which in turn will bring in a small amount to cover the cost of advertising elsewhere.

I would like to make another small comment and hope you dont take it the wrong way but why would you invent a better or a different wheel if there was already one that worked? the answer to that is simple. its a choice and that is what i am offering.

As for the dragon being outta here Why does it always come down to whats in it for me, and not how can i help others out who have been in the same position as me as a bit of courtesy and good will?

Again we are all on this site for the same reason, help and information to make things easy and FREE if possible.

What sites to you use yourself if any for buying and selling that is free

Originally Posted by The Aviator
E-bay, CraigsList.co.uk GumTree.com British Expats classifieds, local paper classifieds (and online classifieds), freeads.net UKclassifieds.co.uk +others These are all successful with a high number of visitors as potential buyers. Do a Google search for freeads in the UK and there are nearly 8m hits.
Why reinvent the wheel.

If it's free, how are you going to advertise it to get the traffic?

I'm out as the Dragons would say.

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Oct 19th 2009 at 2:08 am.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:45 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Usually use the stuff until it wears out or give it to charity shops. Look on Craigs list occasionally, bought a few headsets off of there, but that's about it.

You asked for opinions, so you got one. If you want to post the URL you can do so in your signature on this site. We perhaps might get a better idea then.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 6:53 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

The site looks very good, entirely professional.

Good luck with it.

Did you do all the HTML yourself or did you use a content management system?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:33 am
UK is Home

I`m sorry, you must have picked me up wrong, i thought i came accross asking constructive critisism on how the site looks and how it is for using, not for reasons as to why i would bother building the site or for any investment in a FREE business.

I have PM you the URL of the site for you to have a look at to see what you think

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Usually use the stuff until it wears out or give it to charity shops. Look on Craigs list occasionally, bought a few headsets off of there, but that's about it.

You asked for opinions, so you got one. If you want to post the URL you can do so in your signature on this site. We perhaps might get a better idea then.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:52 am
UK is Home

it has been built around an early version of probid which has loads of modifications.

I have mainly done the mods but have had a bit of help from from a good friend, its been hard work

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
The site looks very good, entirely professional.

Good luck with it.

Did you do all the HTML yourself or did you use a content management system?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Hampshire - Brisbane - Staffordshire and soon Devon :)
SouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud ofSouthernGal_67 has much to be proud of

It looks great and is easy to navigate. Is there a feedback system set up (like with Ebay?) I use Ebay quite a bit and always use the feedback as a guide.

It's only for people who are in the UK right? (as it says on About Us page).

Got it in my favourites and will check back.

Cheers

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Can I have the URL to please - I will be selling my stuff soon.

Cheers

Poppit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.