Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What customs and excise docs are reqd?

What customs and excise docs are reqd?

Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What customs and excise docs are reqd?

Heading back from Canada after several years with goods to be shipped. Is there anything specific i need to do re HM Customer & Excise at the other end? I'm hoping the shipping agent we select will have some guidance but would prefer the thoughts of those that have done it.

When e moved here, we took our goods to follow list (once it was stamped at the airport) to the CBSA for them to rubber stamp before the agent was able to deliver. Not sure if its the same process back in England but then again, we are not going as landed immigrants but returning citizens.

Look forward to your words of wisdom.

J
Old Sep 5th 2014, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What customs and excise docs are reqd?

If you are using a shipping company they will provide all the forms that you need.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Our shipping company provided all that. I filled it all our and emailed it all to them as an attachment.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the shipping company will provide the forms. As I remember, the British one is extremely straightforward, just a declaration that you are bringing back your own goods really.