We're home!

Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute
Default We're home!

Hi all

Just to let you know that we are home safe. Got back this afternoon and its done nothing but rain, but we don't care!

Emirates were brilliant, would definately recommend them to anyone - excellent with the kids too! After a bit of ringing round we managed to get an extra 10kg of luggage each, which made things easier.

It was lovely driving down the M56 seeing all the different colours of green in the fields, and the cows and sheep, old buildings, and all things familiar that we took for granted before.

We are all tired now, but all the family are here tonight and its so good to be home with them, we are all having a curry from the Indian!

Mike & Jo
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're home!

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

Just to let you know that we are home safe. Got back this afternoon and its done nothing but rain, but we don't care!

Emirates were brilliant, would definately recommend them to anyone - excellent with the kids too! After a bit of ringing round we managed to get an extra 10kg of luggage each, which made things easier.

It was lovely driving down the M56 seeing all the different colours of green in the fields, and the cows and sheep, old buildings, and all things familiar that we took for granted before.

We are all tired now, but all the family are here tonight and its so good to be home with them, we are all having a curry from the Indian!

Mike & Jo
Welcome home, and heres to a happy life
Keep us updated

c
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back guys!

Its great this rain lark isnt it!!!

Ive been out in it today & it was lovely. i will never take rain for granted again!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:53 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww, lucky thing! Welcome home!

I think those who aren't used to the UK weather would think that the people who miss or love it are seriously weird! I don't!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:55 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Mike & Jo

oh another that made me teary!!! lol, can u tell i want to go home today!!

a curry, i think that was what did it, i can taste it! lol

goodluck with your new life
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Mike & Jo
Heading west on the M56 towards Chester...I can picture every inch of that motorway.

I think it's the greeness what really stands out when you land in the UK...OK some of it's moss with the dampness but who cares...it's home.

All the best.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:29 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Heading west on the M56 towards Chester...I can picture every inch of that motorway.

I think it's the greeness what really stands out when you land in the UK...OK some of it's moss with the dampness but who cares...it's home.

All the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRinooHU3ko

Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:40 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira

that was lovely, i enjoyed that

i might just add that before i came to oz i wasnt proud to be english i wasnt patriarchal, i didnt enjoy the country i was born in, i thought the grass was greener, i cant wait to get back home

everyone should do a yr abroad somewhere and then decided where there want to be, england would be a much happier place maybe?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz

i might just add that before i came to oz i wasnt proud to be english i wasnt patriarchal, i didnt enjoy the country i was born in, i thought the grass was greener, i cant wait to get back home

everyone should do a yr abroad somewhere and then decided where there want to be, england would be a much happier place maybe?
sounds exactly like us,we cant wait to get back and we'll have a fresh,more positive attitude.I agree ,if more people emigrated,more would appreciate the country
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:26 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

we are all having a curry from the Indian!
Some people just can't help but rub it in.

You sound thrilled to be back. Long may it continue! Enjoy being back in the UK.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Mike & Jo

Bet your so glad to be back!
Can't wait myself either!
Plus a curry too, now I am envious!

Elvira, thats my fav hymn!

My old Dad who has long gone now use to say that the UK was the best country in the world and I use to laugh at him thinking what an old b....r he was, especially as he had never been out of the country and was born in 1910! But never a truer word was spoken ah, its only when you leave and see other countries that you realise just why theres a Great in Britain.

What I'd give to be having a curry now though!! A decent one! Even a Tesco Carrier Bag one would do right now..... No more about curries, I cant take it any more...

Di

Di
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:19 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Bet your so glad to be back!
Can't wait myself either!
Plus a curry too, now I am envious!

Elvira, thats my fav hymn!

My old Dad who has long gone now use to say that the UK was the best country in the world and I use to laugh at him thinking what an old b....r he was, especially as he had never been out of the country and was born in 1910! But never a truer word was spoken ah, its only when you leave and see other countries that you realise just why theres a Great in Britain.

What I'd give to be having a curry now though!! A decent one! Even a Tesco Carrier Bag one would do right now..... No more about curries, I cant take it any more...

Di

Di

lol, ditto bout the curry bit, oooooooooppppppps sorry!

funny how even a tesco one would do!! having said that we found a gem the other week, not the same, but not bad
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Mike & Jo
Hope you enjoyed the curry. Funny how you appreciate things once youve been away. I think i was blinkered for four years before I went, then when I came back I looked with open eyes. yes there are still things I dont like, but a lot more that i do like now and never realised it.

Good luck and hope things settle into place soon.

regards

Lolly
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:52 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Hi all

Mike & Jo

Great to hear that you arrived ok Jo.

I see that you flew with Emirates, we are flying with them in 2 weeks and have been told no extra baggage allowance, was just wondering how you managed to wrangle yours, could you give me some ideas please?

Anyway enjoy that curry, think the curry house will be my first port of call as well!

All the best

TT xxx
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:18 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Mike & Jo

Hi Jo - so glad you are back safe and sound (and wet!!!). Can't believe the weather has turned so awful for your arrival but I'm sure it won't dampen your spirits - get yourself into Asda and Tescos and enjoy the wonderful choices while you wait for the sun to come out again

Originally Posted by Elvira

Oh Elvira that was really lovely - I've got tears in my eyes now.

Originally Posted by mandtooz

Totally agree with you Mandy I'm exactly the same - I just don't know why we British are like this - we spend more time beating ourselves up and moaning rather than seeing exactly what a lovely country we live in and being proud of it. I can't believe how much my attitude has changed since living away for a year - Born Again Brit as someone said recently

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.