Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:15 am
Just Joined

katieA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Have a great time and enjoy Kate
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 6:45 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

All the best.......home is where the heart is !!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

granma2b will become famous soon enough

Why do so many brits just choose perth as the one and only destination in australia. There are so many nicer areas in oz to live.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:04 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by granma2b
Why do so many brits just choose perth as the one and only destination in australia. There are so many nicer areas in oz to live.
Wish I'd known that one before I went and lived there!! Doh!!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:54 am
Just Joined

andycoppock is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the journey!
My aunt is coming back to the UK and plans to stay, she's been there for about 20 years but guess things and people change.

I hope your new life brings you happiness
Andy
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andycoppock
Good luck with the journey!
My aunt is coming back to the UK and plans to stay, she's been there for about 20 years but guess things and people change.

I hope your new life brings you happiness
Andy
Yes, I think around the 20 year mark (well, those of us who have lasted that long) you get the "well that was a nice holiday can I go home now" kind of feelings. Some of us are very slow learners! I envy the ones who got parole early!!!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, whole-heartedly agree with you there. You're back then Quoll! Planning the next trip already are you?

Originally Posted by quoll
Yes, I think around the 20 year mark (well, those of us who have lasted that long) you get the "well that was a nice holiday can I go home now" kind of feelings. Some of us are very slow learners! I envy the ones who got parole early!!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Well my time has finally come, I get released from Perth tomorrow

This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions, saying goodbye to some really good friends and seeing our life packed up and put in a big metal box has been quite exhausting.

I am really excited but also a bit nervous to be going back, scared for my kids as well as we have been here so long. Having a 4 week "holiday period" when we get back to show the kids around and visit a few places so they can see why we wanted to go back. Let's hope they don't hate it.

Perth was a great experience for a while but just doesn't tick the boxes for us anymore. Good luck to everyone else who is making the move, whichever way you are going.

See you all on the other side.
Sorry to see you go, but you are certainly making the right choice. If you are unhappy in a country then 'do the right thing' for yourself and your family, and move to somewhere you feel you can find happiness

Life is far too short to endure a situation that is making you unhappy so make the break and move on. You only have to look at some of the 'loser' posts on this forum, made by people who have stayed too long in a country that they are just not suited to, to see how sad and bitter they can become.

Have a safe trip home mate, and I hope that you and your family do well and prosper

ps I share your opinion of Perth
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hino
Sorry to see you go, but you are certainly making the right choice. If you are unhappy in a country then 'do the right thing' for yourself and your family, and move to somewhere you feel you can find happiness

Life is far too short to endure a situation that is making you unhappy so make the break and move on. You only have to look at some of the 'loser' posts on this forum, made by people who have stayed too long in a country that they are just not suited to, to see how sad and bitter they can become.

Have a safe trip home mate, and I hope that you and your family do well and prosper

ps I share your opinion of Perth
Wow, "Loser" hey, must remember that one

Yup Ezzie, back here in the arse end of the universe (thank you P Keating!) and planning on going home again maybe October/November time but there are other moves afoot which may mean rescheduling but heavens knows when to!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Catchy egh,

I must admit it has a bit of a ring to it
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup Ezzie, back here in the arse end of the universe (thank you P Keating!) and planning on going home again maybe October/November time but there are other moves afoot which may mean rescheduling but heavens knows when to!
But your a VERY lovely Loser....lol.....your not one and you know it.....good luck with the plans for another visit to the UK.....
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Were in Perth, we picked Perth out of a hat really....but we did think it was a bit near to Europe and Asia etc....I think the other thing that "got the vote" was we were told WA had a very Mediterranean and cosmopolitan life style etc....(it can be a lovely place for some but does not "do it" for others...we have travelled around Aus ourselves and although some nice places, for us it still did not match what you have in Europe etc...
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Moves afoot....sounds very cryptic. Has hubby finally bored of the vegie patch and wants to give the UK a go?

Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

True, but that's like saying let's have a beauty contest for the best looking cow pat. At the end of the day it's still all sh1te.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
True, but that's like saying let's have a beauty contest for the best looking cow pat. At the end of the day it's still all sh1te.
Nice to read one of your "dry" comments....lol....hope all is well with Mr and Mrs T..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.