We may be going home

Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:10 am
Just Joined

Perth NOR will become famous soon enoughPerth NOR will become famous soon enough
Unhappy We may be going home

We may be going home, (don’t want to go into reasons at the moment)

We need some budget costs to return to the U.K.

Shipping container 20’, taking dog back and any cost you may occur to get us home.

Thank You
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:14 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We may be going home

Hi

Tina Baker is using Kent's Removals and they've quoted $5k for an 18/20 ft container I think.

Then obviously you've got the flight costs on top.

She's taking animals back too so she will help you in that dept.

There is a vets in Leederville that will do the rabies jabs. I will sort out the number if you want it.

All the best to you xx
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth NOR
We may be going home, (don’t want to go into reasons at the moment)

We need some budget costs to return to the U.K.

Shipping container 20’, taking dog back and any cost you may occur to get us home.

Thank You
Hope all is OK, wishing you the best with your plans.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:57 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Hi

Tina Baker is using Kent's Removals and they've quoted $5k for an 18/20 ft container I think.

Then obviously you've got the flight costs on top.

She's taking animals back too so she will help you in that dept.

There is a vets in Leederville that will do the rabies jabs. I will sort out the number if you want it.

All the best to you xx

just had quote for doing doggy DIY, from brissie tho, but may give u rough idea, golden retriever doggy, large cage, $1800 to heathrow, $700 extras, dogtainers $3700 (not inc pickup tho) they were cheapest, all others around $4300

goodluckxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Hi there, just to say its not an easy decision to make........We all have had rather alot of sleepless nights wondering whats the best thing to do! I am returning next month (fingers crossed!) and still have my moments of doubt - they don't last very long though and are getting less and less!
It might help to make a list of pros and cons? This is what we did and ended up with about 3-4 things on the "stay in Oz" side and a few pages on the "return" side! Its horses for courses and being here isn't for everyone.......If you do return there is no shame because you have given it a go, much better than just sitting around wondering "what if" for the rest of your days!
If it helps here are the quotes we got for the container (all based on 16 square mts);
Allied Pickfords = $4944
Wridgeways = $4854
Crown = $4-5000 (wouldn't be more specific)
Chess = $5308
Kent = $5190
As you can see theres not much in it, we have decided to use Kent because of their professionalism and also because, I was told by the guy who came out that the people who pack everything up for you aren't allowed to do international shipping until they have been with the company for at least 5 years. I kind of feel abit more secure about that.. I really didn't want some teenager chucking my stuff about!!
As for animals we are using Dogtainers they quoted $3258 for 2 cats and a dog this includes 6 days board but excludes containers as we have our own......I really hope that this helps.
If you are around for our next whinge-fest please feel free to join us!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Sorry - just thought of something else I wanted to say!!! If the dog hasn't got his rabies shots he will have to wait 6 months to fly with the pet passport scheme (unless you quarantine him the other end) . This has to be done by a government approved vet ......I used Dog Swamp Veterinary hospital for ours ( 9444 6800) and they were very helpful.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

Wow, those quotes have made me feel a lot better. For some reason I thought we'd be looking at more like $10k. Presumably that's before insurance? Do you have any idea how much that might add? Thanks

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Hi there, just to say its not an easy decision to make........We all have had rather alot of sleepless nights wondering whats the best thing to do! I am returning next month (fingers crossed!) and still have my moments of doubt - they don't last very long though and are getting less and less!
It might help to make a list of pros and cons? This is what we did and ended up with about 3-4 things on the "stay in Oz" side and a few pages on the "return" side! Its horses for courses and being here isn't for everyone.......If you do return there is no shame because you have given it a go, much better than just sitting around wondering "what if" for the rest of your days!
If it helps here are the quotes we got for the container (all based on 16 square mts);
Allied Pickfords = $4944
Wridgeways = $4854
Crown = $4-5000 (wouldn't be more specific)
Chess = $5308
Kent = $5190
As you can see theres not much in it, we have decided to use Kent because of their professionalism and also because, I was told by the guy who came out that the people who pack everything up for you aren't allowed to do international shipping until they have been with the company for at least 5 years. I kind of feel abit more secure about that.. I really didn't want some teenager chucking my stuff about!!
As for animals we are using Dogtainers they quoted $3258 for 2 cats and a dog this includes 6 days board but excludes containers as we have our own......I really hope that this helps.
If you are around for our next whinge-fest please feel free to join us!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:58 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jessie James
Wow, those quotes have made me feel a lot better. For some reason I thought we'd be looking at more like $10k. Presumably that's before insurance? Do you have any idea how much that might add? Thanks

insurance through removals is around 3% i think, some more!! try letton percival

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/commercial.html

now i cant quite remember if it was 1% or 1.5% anyway cheaper, and i havnt heard any bad things about them

goodluck
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Yeah thats right - the shipping companies charge 3% but we are going through Letton Percival and its 1.5% (in pounds but still cheaper)
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:14 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Yeah thats right - the shipping companies charge 3% but we are going through Letton Percival and its 1.5% (in pounds but still cheaper)
yep, i just emailed them, prompted me to do some work!! lol
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

Thanks for that. Is it fairly easy to arrange insurance through them and do you know whether it is something they do regularly?

Just wondering if there is any down-side to this arrangement - saving half the cost of insurance sounds great but just wondered if anyone has had any problems either arranging or making a claim?

I'm presuming they aren't involved in the shipping but insure your stuff being shipped by whichever shipping company you use?

Thanks

Originally Posted by mandtooz
insurance through removals is around 3% i think, some more!! try letton percival

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/commercial.html

now i cant quite remember if it was 1% or 1.5% anyway cheaper, and i havnt heard any bad things about them

goodluck
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

hotpinksugar is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to say before you go into the huge expense of returning to the UK
that we know so many couples that have left Oz and returned to the UK ...only to miss Oz and return again for life.

I wish you the very best which ever decision you make and good luck!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the concern but i think we'll cope!

Originally Posted by hotpinksugar
I just want to say before you go into the huge expense of returning to the UK
that we know so many couples that have left Oz and returned to the UK ...only to miss Oz and return again for life.

I wish you the very best which ever decision you make and good luck!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:16 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by Jessie James
Thanks for that. Is it fairly easy to arrange insurance through them and do you know whether it is something they do regularly?

Just wondering if there is any down-side to this arrangement - saving half the cost of insurance sounds great but just wondered if anyone has had any problems either arranging or making a claim?

I'm presuming they aren't involved in the shipping but insure your stuff being shipped by whichever shipping company you use?

Thanks

hiya

yes iv heard of them lots, and if you do search under thier name you will find loads threads about them, and as i said not heard a bad word about them, seem to pay up if they are needed. i used them for coming out and will use them for coming back... i emailed them last night and the have emailed me all the paperwork needed by return. they are an insurance company i think, they get loads of work through BE.

mand
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Excellent! Thanks for the tip

Originally Posted by mandtooz
hiya

yes iv heard of them lots, and if you do search under thier name you will find loads threads about them, and as i said not heard a bad word about them, seem to pay up if they are needed. i used them for coming out and will use them for coming back... i emailed them last night and the have emailed me all the paperwork needed by return. they are an insurance company i think, they get loads of work through BE.

mand