Wikiposts

We are home

Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:49 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are home

Originally Posted by brits1
He worked for Telstra for 8 years.....he had enough (now really regrets leaving) then went as a Project Adviser for Western Power (through skilled)
we went to England March 08 - May 08 and on the way back stopped in Dubai was offered a job as Project Manager with a British Company he said yes as we all wanted to head back home.....we all came back to Perth, husband went to Dubai (May 08) company was paying for everything but we could not find a place for our older son....(yr 11) we tried different schools but by the end of Aug 08 my husbands company needed to know what we were going to do....it was awful, my husband loved his work....thought Dubai was great but way to hot...he came back to Perth as he did not really have a choice and started to look for work in the metro area..could not find one with a good enough salary so we could start saving to return home to England and ended up on a mine in Port Hedland as an Electrician which is his trade..not worked as it though for years...since before coming to Aus....he is not enjoying it...hates being away from home..work is horrible...etcbut he just says think of it as getting money together until Dec 08.....somedays it is not so bad but others it is just the pits.....a friend's husband works on the mines and does 4 on 1 off and I asked her the other day how does she put up with it, don't you get lonely...she just laughed and said I think of the "Bucks"!!!! I want to wake up feeling like that but I don't...I miss my husband, our sons really miss their dad but they are good lads!!! so really life is pretty c--p at the moment....but I have to start thinking about it being our way home....

Wow my life story in only one paragraph!!! now that's sad!!!
Jackie who is just about to go around the bend!!! with my dog..."sky"..taking her out for some fresh air.
Hi again, I assume you mean 2006? My OH works all over WA and has worked at most of the mine sites up north and way inland where there is literally nothing, not even lights. He is so busy in the metro area this year, that he hardly goes away at all now. I never minded him going, especially when it was only for a week or two. Doesn't make much difference to me whether he is here or away somewhere, 'cos he works 7 days a week and 'til quite late some evenings too. He didn't get in until after 11pm last night. Some jobs can only be done when a place shuts down, so that's why he works all hours. Did your OH get his Electrical licence when you first came here then? It's a shame about Dubai and I am surprised that you couldn't find a place in school for your son. We have friends there and they love it, but say they couldn't live there forever. BTW, where in WA are you?

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Sep 24th 2007 at 4:41 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Hi again, I assume you mean 2006? My OH works all over WA and has worked at most of the mine sites up north and way inland where there is literally nothing, not even lights. He is so busy in the metro area this year, that he hardly goes away at all now. I never minded him going, especially when it was only for a week or two. Doesn't make much difference to me whether he is here or away somewhere, 'cos he works 7 days a week and 'til quite late some evenings too. He didn't get in until after 11pm last night. Some jobs can only be done when a place shuts down, so that's why he works all hours. Did your OH get his Electrical licence when you first came here then? It's a shame about Dubai and I am surprised that you couldn't find a place in school for your son. We have friends there and they love it, but say they couldn't live there forever. BTW, where in WA are you?
Who's BTW? my OH was an Electrican in England but then went working for British Telecom...was suprised he "got on" at B.T and did not think he would...we had only july our applications in Sept and people told us it would take a long time to hear. In the meantime my OH applied to B.T and was accepted...loved his job but then whammy the medicals came through in the Feb and by March we had the Visa'a...by then we had kind of changed our minds but thought we would come and try out Aus...we have given it a good go but we know it is not for us.....
Yes Dubai is lovely...great if your children are younger or just starting High School but our older son's age group were just starting A level's and you had to have GCSE's A or B (five) to get into most of the sixth form at their High Schools....we were waiting for our son to be graded, Aus education were not helpful so an test was being set up....anyway we had to have a cut off date as we needed to know where we were "going" (just like now!!!) anway we did not hear off the schools so my OH came home about a week ago one school got in contact and said they could take him......well I cried (again!!!)it was just all to late!!!!
Jackie with another chapter out of my life......
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:05 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Who's BTW? my OH was an Electrican in England but then went working for British Telecom...was suprised he "got on" at B.T and did not think he would...we had only july our applications in Sept and people told us it would take a long time to hear. In the meantime my OH applied to B.T and was accepted...loved his job but then whammy the medicals came through in the Feb and by March we had the Visa'a...by then we had kind of changed our minds but thought we would come and try out Aus...we have given it a good go but we know it is not for us.....
Yes Dubai is lovely...great if your children are younger or just starting High School but our older son's age group were just starting A level's and you had to have GCSE's A or B (five) to get into most of the sixth form at their High Schools....we were waiting for our son to be graded, Aus education were not helpful so an test was being set up....anyway we had to have a cut off date as we needed to know where we were "going" (just like now!!!) anway we did not hear off the schools so my OH came home about a week ago one school got in contact and said they could take him......well I cried (again!!!)it was just all to late!!!!
Jackie with another chapter out of my life......
BTW =by the way.

How long have you been here Jackie? The reason I asked whether your OH had his WA sparks licence is because you said he was working as an Electrician at Port Hedland and my OH is a sparks also.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you're home and happy to be so - tis lush isnt it.
Enjoy yourself
xxx