Wikiposts

We are home

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:54 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default We are home

Hello

thought I would post a quick thread to let you know how we have got on being back in the UK.

We arrived just over a week ago and were able to move straight into our rental home, home for the next 6 months. The house we are renting is tiny, esspecially in comparison to our Australian house. The garden is awful and the rental agency worse that useless. \the house has no phone line, no TV antenae, and a couple of the plug sockets are coming out of the wall.

It has rained almost every day, and I have not seen much outside of the four walls we are living in as I am temporarily disabled and we only got a car a couple of days ago. I had never driven on UK roads so that was very intimidating the first time but I am slowly getting used to it.

So the verdict....best decision we ever made! we are home and, warts and all, this is where we are meant to be. The rain has made the grass green and lush (we are visiting my dad in Cumbria just now and beautiful hardly does his garden justice - the kids are having a blast playing in the soft ground). The dog is delighted that he is being let off the lead without fear of fines or snake bites! Ian is loving the beer, and I managed to visit Asda which was one of the bst days out I have in ages. Just the variety of food and clothing available cheaply and easily. And the number of disabled and parent-with-prams parking bays! They have really got car parks sorted.

Basically it feels like we were on holiday for four years and are home now. No regrets, I'm glad we took the chance to leave but am even happier we took the chance to come home.

Mel
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:08 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are home

when I read the first few sentances I thought you were gonna say you hated the Uk...

So glad I'm wrong....

Congratulations and enjoy ...
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: We are home

Glad that you are back and appreciating bonnie Scotland. You sound like you feel very settled already. Good for you. I am hoping to come back to Scotland within the year, so that is definitely something to look forward to and plan for. All the best.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:03 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

great to hear your update and pleased that all is going well
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
great to hear your update and pleased that all is going well
Really pleased that you are settling back in! it will be us in 35 weeks and 2 days LOL
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Really pleased that you are settling back in! it will be us in 35 weeks and 2 days LOL
i don't have a date as such but working towards one and can't wait
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great post. It's nice to hear something positive about the UK instead of all the 'going to the dogs' remarks.

All the best.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey thought you were gona say you hate it!! Glad you are happy

Kath
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Blimey thought you were gona say you hate it!! Glad you are happy

Kath
Really pleased you are enjoying it...it was a great post....we know the weather can be.....well...we know...and you sometimes are told "to distraction" "oh the weather, tiny homes, etc" until you start re-thinking!!! but when you are there and it is were you should be all that is just a little something you have as a "downside" (no the right word really to use..sorry) because everything else is so worth it!!
We went home for 10 weeks this year...stayed in a tiny home...we did have lovely spring weather...blossoms on the tree's....birds singing (and this was near Manchester!!) and well the shopping....Asda....Tesco's "buy one get one free!!" clothes......friendly (YES friendly shop assistants..I get sick of being told that they are all miserable over there...!!!!)
So good luck and all the best wishes for you in Bonnie (and it is!!) Scotland..and that said by an English lass!!! trips to Oban, Gairloch....Callender?.....not sure if I spelt that right....plus New Years Eve!!!!
All the best
Jackie in a rainy (rain woke us up last night!)Perth..in Aus!! I love it when it is like this though.....honestly!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Im fed up with everyone saying you be back in 6 weeks:curse: I dont know where we will be but i honestly dont think it will be here!!

Kath
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Im fed up with everyone saying you be back in 6 weeks:curse: I dont know where we will be but i honestly dont think it will be here!!

Kath
Kath, I thought you were going home after a stop over in Hong Kong is that not right?

Jackie in Perth
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Kath
reply with 'watch this space' lol .....take no notice, they're prolly jealous coz they aren't in a position to move back
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:48 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mika24me
Hello

thought I would post a quick thread to let you know how we have got on being back in the UK......
So the verdict....best decision we ever made! we are home and, warts and all, this is where we are meant to be. The rain has made the grass green and lush (we are visiting my dad in Cumbria just now and beautiful hardly does his garden justice - the kids are having a blast playing in the soft ground). The dog is delighted that he is being let off the lead without fear of fines or snake bites! Ian is loving the beer, and I managed to visit Asda which was one of the bst days out I have in ages. Just the variety of food and clothing available cheaply and easily. And the number of disabled and parent-with-prams parking bays! They have really got car parks sorted.

Basically it feels like we were on holiday for four years and are home now. No regrets, I'm glad we took the chance to leave but am even happier we took the chance to come home.

Mel
Nice to hear from you Mel and good luck with everything. A couple and their 2 teenage boys who live just down the road from us are going back to Glasgow this week and they said they cannot wait. I know I'm going to feel sad when their container truck arrives, so hoping I'm at work when it does.

Sadly I don't have any concrete plans to go home for good, so no counting down for me. When and if I ever find myself in that enviable position and anyone said to me "you'll be back", I'd tell them I'd rather be certified.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Jackie in a rainy (rain woke us up last night!)Perth..in Aus!! I love it when it is like this though.....honestly!!
Same here. Wind and rain constantley waking me up all the time. I still think winter in Perth is as miserable as winter in UK.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Same here. Wind and rain constantley waking me up all the time. I still think winter in Perth is as miserable as winter in UK.
Too right, everyone hibanates and your homes are nowhere near as cosy as at home!!! mind you everyone stays in during the hight of the summer during the day as it is to hot to go out...cannot win!!!

Jackie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.