Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

We have just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We have just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:53 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default We have just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Finalised the sale of the house

We got a call today to tell us that the house has been finalised and the 10% has been paid. the date has been set for the 23rd Oct which we already knew about and even better its a young couple who have bought it who stay with their parents AND they dont have a prob if we need a bit of extra time to sort everything out so thats a big plus.

Now all we have to do is sell the car and wait for the missus passport to arrive so we can book the flights ( Another lost passport ) that aint too bad though it was ONLY $283 :curse:

Oh, We actually put in an offer the other day for a house in the same street as we were in before we left and it was accepted ony to find out the next day by email that they have sold it to someone else B^&*£$"s We thought for a day that someone was watching over us

Anyway things are happening every day which is one day closer to the time we leave
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We have just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

[QUOTE=Sunny_Glesga;6841166]Finalised the sale of the house

\[QUOTE]

Congratulations, hopefully it will be plain sailing for you from here.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the house sale.
Heres hoping an even better house for less will come up for you in UK.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Terrific news! - everythings starting to look 'sunny', eh?!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Fab news Sunny G - it's all falling into place.

You will get another house in Glasgow, and it will be easier in a few weeks to secure something once you are there.

What's the house house prices doing in Glasgow?

I've been having a look on the internet, but it still seems a bit exxy still (though better value than Canberra/Sydney).

And did you put the car on carpoint?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

fantastic news
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:08 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Fab news Sunny G - it's all falling into place.

You will get another house in Glasgow, and it will be easier in a few weeks to secure something once you are there.

What's the house house prices doing in Glasgow?

I've been having a look on the internet, but it still seems a bit exxy still (though better value than Canberra/Sydney).

And did you put the car on carpoint?

I think we just got a bit carried away when the offer was accepted on that house in the same street.

The house prices have gone down a bit since we left, we have a good friend who is an estate agent and she mentioned that if one of the same type of properties came up as we had before we would be looking at £20k less but unfortunately the area we are looking at doesnt come on the market very often.

we had the car on Ebay but it didnt go so it will be relisted soon, we did get a few out to see the car but they came accross like they were doing us a favour for wanting the car for next to nothing!:curse: "Dealers" come to mind when i had to stand there and listen to their rehearsed Bulls&^t. i`m sure someone will get a good deal and it wont be us.

It was nice to see the SOLD sign go on the board today for the house
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:23 am
UK is Home

Originally Posted by TraceyW
fantastic news

thanks everyone

we are absolutely delighted the house sale is now sealed but its like going through the motions again and the next minute we are wondering where the hell we will be going to when we get back home.

oh well, it has to work out so we will see what happens
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt,booooollllllllll llllloooooooccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss...rant for the day

Congrats Sunny All the best.

Wish someone would look over me.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

You lucky luck lucky lucky person!!!!!!!!!! I'm stuck in this hell hole called Oz for another 16 months!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wiltshire_1
You lucky luck lucky lucky person!!!!!!!!!! I'm stuck in this hell hole called Oz for another 16 months!
ditto

thats fantastic sunny g, i am more than a little jealous, just think you'll soon be walking through buchanan galleries hell i even miss glasgow central
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Margaret3
ditto

thats fantastic sunny g, i am more than a little jealous, just think you'll soon be walking through buchanan galleries hell i even miss glasgow central

How much longer are you stuck here for? Are you closer to civilisation? We are in the middle of nowhere - Singleton NSW.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wiltshire_1
How much longer are you stuck here for? Are you closer to civilisation? We are in the middle of nowhere - Singleton NSW.
my plan is early 2010, but i read your other post about where you are, and i am lucky as i am in civilisation, i am only 19k from melbourne city centre, and the suburb that i live in is a good location for getting around.

Please try to get to meets (posted on meet-up section here), it is one of the best ways to meet folks if your feeling isolated, dont be afraid to arrange one yourself, you will be surprised at how many people will probably live near you.

good luck,keep yir pecker up hen
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds great Sunny Glesga,

Where in Glesga are you looking??

Your avatar makes me feel queesy...like bleauuurrggghhh!!!

Must be that Kebab I ate!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:38 am
UK is Home

Originally Posted by maka paka
That sounds great Sunny Glesga,

Where in Glesga are you looking??

Your avatar makes me feel queesy...like bleauuurrggghhh!!!

Must be that Kebab I ate!
Now thats a good question!

We aint got a clue where we will end up but hopefully back around baillieston where we were, well what i mean to say is Easterhouse. We were right at the back end. The GOOD bit

we will se what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.