Water damaged shipment

Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice
Default Water damaged shipment

Has anyone had experience of water damage to their shipment? Mine was sent by AMJ Campbell in Canada (who I'm waiting to hear back from re. whether my stuff will or won't be covered by insurance but who have gone surprisingly quiet) and received by J Mason in Liverpool about a month ago. After a couple of weeks I heard from the co. in Canada that the shipment was water damaged and could J Mason repack. I said yes - all they will tell me is the tag number of the (14) boxes that have been water damaged.

Anyone care to share their stories?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: Water damaged shipment

Originally Posted by Esme
Has anyone had experience of water damage to their shipment? Mine was sent by AMJ Campbell in Canada (who I'm waiting to hear back from re. whether my stuff will or won't be covered by insurance but who have gone surprisingly quiet) and received by J Mason in Liverpool about a month ago. After a couple of weeks I heard from the co. in Canada that the shipment was water damaged and could J Mason repack. I said yes - all they will tell me is the tag number of the (14) boxes that have been water damaged.

our shipment arrives into Liverpool today from Canada with AMJ Campbell. I havent heard of any other stories like yours,but i did ask if they had had any thing happen in their years of service.They had very few incidents like this ,and i even went onto the better business site to investigate and there was no complaints apart form one i think. I hope you get this sorted it must be terrible for you.........
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Esme

I used AMJ Campbell and found them to be very professional. The company I worked for used them and I know other people who have used them without incident. It may be an incident beyond their control and that your insurance will cover the damage. At least they kept you informed and did not try to hide the issue.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

inaquandry is an unknown quantity at this point

There may be a time limit on when you can make an insurance claim, so you need to chase the origin shipper (Campbell) for insurance claim procedure and a full damage report and make sure the insurance company has been kept informed. Also, read your insurance policy carefully to ascertain that damage from water is covered; it could be that the container leaked but it also could have happened in different circumstances.

Hopefully the destination company photographed/reported damage when they repacked. Is it going into storage? Or due to be delivered? If into storage, then damp goods may not do well, depending on what they are. Also make sure that your insurance covers the period that the items are in storage - i.e. your shipping (transit) insurance is extended. Either way, your origin shipper should be keeping you informed.

I used to work in the relocations industry so above comments are based on procedures that we used. Of course your shipper may do things differently.

Wishing you luck and I hope your belongings arrive mostly unscathed.