Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Want to go back home w/Belgium Husband

Want to go back home w/Belgium Husband

Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to go back home w/Belgium Husband

Originally posted by NYState of Mind
Well I just called the embassy in London and they said they have never heard of DCF. The rep on line there had to actually ask someone in the office and all they said is that we would have to file it properly almost as saying DCF is not a proper way of filing. Evidently according to that K1 website the UK does not participate in the DCF process.

Has anyone here on this site actually do a DCF?
Me.
Please go back to k1exit and read carefully.
London does not do DCF.
London lets US citizens who are resident in their country file a petition I-130 for their spouse directly at the Consulate.

What you read on K1exit is that in the UK, non-resident USCs can not file at the consulate. If you read further, you'll also find out the right way to ask the question of them
(hint: see above)

re: timeline, I believe it's taking about 3 to 4 months in London.
Good Luck!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by NYState of Mind
I thought I would start here first to see if anyone can give me a quick lowdown of how you get your spouse to the U.S. (Legally of course!!)

I am originally from NY (can't you tell?) and have been living in London for the past two years and just recently married. Plan is to stay here for about 3 more years. As we know plans do change. I hate living here in London, miss my family and friends, etc. Generally I just tolerate it and my DH knows this as well. He has asked me to start researching of what we need to do to get him to NY. He has a great position one that is global with his boss based in the city (New York that is) possibility of transfer is quite high but not for a couple of more years. I don't know if I can stand living here that much longer. He has been sought after for jobs in NY prior to us being married but once they find out he doesn't have a green card, it's usually a mute point. And after 9/11 many companies are quite queasey about flipping the bill for work permits.

So can anyone in a nutshell give me a summary of what we need to do, how long it takes, should we hire an immigration lawyer, etc. Any words of wisdom would be truly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch..
I went to Belgium once, hated it.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:10 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
I went to Belgium once, hated it.
May I ask why??