Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Waaah when you just dont want to be here

Waaah when you just dont want to be here

Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Waaah when you just dont want to be here

Letter from mum, (yes she still prefers letters ) my cousins girl is getting married, loads of fuss, august country church wedding, all the ladies shopping for wedding outfits, hats (imagine that here, new thongs luv ) loads of shopping/planning, we cant afford to fly back for the wedding, spare 10 grand anyone Worse sis's daughter is preggy, first baby everyone going mental in babywear, and I'm missing out again. First baby in that generation of the family and we probably wont see it till its at school!

To top it off fave brother has split with his wife of 13 years, they been through thick and thin, infertility, going back to uni, redundancy, seemed solid as rock, then one monday she announed she was moving out on saturday and hes in bits.

I just want to be there, cant do no way. Sick of missing out on everything time and time again
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:42 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Waaah when you just dont want to be here

Jad I'm so sorry for you. It's a real sh*t being here when life seems to be happening over there! Stuck in this darn place missing families and going through the daily motions of trying to get on with things. I hate it, I just want to fast forward my life by 18 months.

Have all your family made a decision yet as to where they want to be? It must be sheer hell being the only one who constantly wants to go home and doesn't swing backwards and forwards between Oz and the Uk.

Can't you just go back on your own for the wedding? At least you'd get a new 'at luv!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:40 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Letter from mum, (yes she still prefers letters ) my cousins girl is getting married, loads of fuss, august country church wedding, all the ladies shopping for wedding outfits, hats (imagine that here, new thongs luv ) loads of shopping/planning, we cant afford to fly back for the wedding, spare 10 grand anyone Worse sis's daughter is preggy, first baby everyone going mental in babywear, and I'm missing out again. First baby in that generation of the family and we probably wont see it till its at school!

To top it off fave brother has split with his wife of 13 years, they been through thick and thin, infertility, going back to uni, redundancy, seemed solid as rock, then one monday she announed she was moving out on saturday and hes in bits.

I just want to be there, cant do no way. Sick of missing out on everything time and time again

I do feel for you...it's a horrible feeling isn't it?!

Your posts always confirm to me how much we need to get out of here ASAP - before the kids put down roots here and this sort of thing starts happening to me!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:59 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Since when did it cost 10 grand to fly from Oz to England ?

What did you expect/think when you decided to go to Oz , that everyone's lives in England would stop ? Get a grip, start living your life in Oz
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY

What did you expect/think when you decided to go to Oz , that everyone's lives in England would stop ? Get a grip, start living your life in Oz
Associated costs including time off work, travel, wedding gifts car hire, living expenses could easily rack that amount up.

As for the rest, why don't you get on with living in England? I don't think OP needs you having a go at them as they are weighing up their options and are probably looking at heading back to UK as they realise what they're missing and probably didn't expect to feel this way when they set out on going to Aus. I take it you've never made a mistake!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY

Jad was talking in dollars I suspect. $2000 or more for an airfare to UK. I think they are a family of 5 and her partner is a tradie therefore time off work equals lost wages. Don't be so ignorant.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BAY

And another rude, ignorant loser rolls in to impart his "wisdom" ie someone else with no sodding clue what they're wittering about.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel. Since we've been here (2 years) my brother got married and we couldn't go because I was pregnant and then my Grandmother died the following month, just after I had the baby. The only thing that helped me through that, was that the day before she died I sent 2 webcam clips of me and the baby and my 3 yr old to my mum and she took her laptop to the hospital and played them to her. She had gone a bit weird and some days didn't know what was going on, but that day she was ok and even noticed that I'd had my hair cut! At least she saw the baby. It is really hard and you sort of feel hard done by even though it was your choice to come here. My Dad said that unfortunately we would just have to deal with the fact that other people would be born, die, get married etc. as it was our choice to live here. He wasn't being shitty, just honest. We are going home as soon as we sell the house.

Jo
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
You must have done your research well if you cant work that out.

Airfare OZ to UK starts around $1600 for garuda or someone nice PLUS taxes of $400-600 thats in low season so minimum of 2 grand per person.

Now try august (peak season) airline that might get there, umm around $2600per person.

Since about 20 years ago I ceased to be single, slight entourage of 5 people, so my my 10 grand figure is a lot of crap it more like $13,000.

I work self employed and casual partner is self employed contract, neither of us get paid add months wages for 2 people. Add travel insurance $400, spending money?? even essential like travel and whoopey doo reality is we have 20 grand a trip.

I would suggest too that many people dont consider any of that before they move here, perhaps I was too busy saying oh er I have email, webcam thats a nice way to communicate

Come back when youve lived here. Bye
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY

Are you as dumb as you sound

10 grand (dollars) would probably be cheap at that. We are a family of 5 and had quotes well over that to fly back to UK.

So then Bay, coming on here mouthing off, explain yourself, if your such an expert at the cost of living in OZ, how people should feel when homesick etc....tell all................if not, come back when you know better fool!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I do feel for you...it's a horrible feeling isn't it?!

Your posts always confirm to me how much we need to get out of here ASAP - before the kids put down roots here and this sort of thing starts happening to me!!
I think if I could say just one thing, it would be if your going to return do it when the kids are V young.

For those who dont understand that, heres why, son 1 now in 2nd year of further education, him and girlfriend living together, shes never left aus, very close to aus family and there is no way she would live in UK if they marry, so son one and possible grandkids would live in aus thanks to our quest for better life .

Son 2, totally screwed education wise, hes got dyslexia, no help here despite us fighting every possible avenue for help, schools simply have no funds, kids worse than him, he can cope with qld education (its easy and we got him reading) , he works his bum off and gets B and C's but hes never going to catch up with UK levels now.

Son 3 would adapt, never been to school in UK, but can do the grade 6 work blindfolded and standing on his head, just a natural at at the academic stuff, but we cant just look at one kid can we?

I would say, if your going, do it now, easy to say with hindsight but dont believe all the hype that after 2/5/100 years it all falls into place, it doesnt. But it does become incredibly complicated.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:44 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh heck Jad, you are in a difficult situation aren't you? This is why we want to move back whilst our kids are under 10.

That pillock who was on about flight prices has got one helluva shock coming to 'em haven't they? My Mum yesterday, suggested because she doesn't really like Perth (even she finds it dull and soulless!) she would give me the money she would've spent on a flight for herself from the UK, and me and the kids would be able to go back in July. Bless her. Lovely thought, but I pointed out that her flight would cost about 650 quid, that translates into about $1600.....mmmmm.....leaves us about $5000 short! Minor detail eh?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh heck Jad, you are in a difficult situation aren't you? This is why we want to move back whilst our kids are under 10.

That pillock who was on about flight prices has got one helluva shock coming to 'em haven't they? My Mum yesterday, suggested because she doesn't really like Perth (even she finds it dull and soulless!) she would give me the money she would've spent on a flight for herself from the UK, and me and the kids would be able to go back in July. Bless her. Lovely thought, but I pointed out that her flight would cost about 650 quid, that translates into about $1600.....mmmmm.....leaves us about $5000 short! Minor detail eh?

Ahh bless ya mum. My family dont get it either, dad says but its only a few hundred quid, yes for them, but to us its thousands and in aussie dollars it feels like thousands.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:32 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY

I've just read afew of your posts BAY. You're a happy little trucker aren't you. You're also quite fond of telling people to get on with their lives. So how is it that you can't seem to get on with yours then eh? What a nice caring teacher you must be.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jad

Good to see you back on the moving back forum again. As for the other posters comments about flights back. I have just booked for myself and my 4 year old to fly back on the 18th of April and its $3600 for both of us including taxs. My son isnt even full fare!!!!!!!!!! Yes everyone I am going home because I am homesick does that make me a looser, obviously in some peoples eyes. Yes I have only been here 9 months but if I am still here this time next year I will be going back again. Personallyy WTF has it got to do with anyone. I just cant understand why anyone who hasnt even frikken emigrated yet could even have an opinion on how you are going to feel when you are actually living here.

Oh my god you would swear some people on this website see being homesick as a crime.

Personally I cant wait to tell anyone I meet what a backwards, racist, drinking and driving, stuck in the 80's this place actually is.

Anyone want to have a go????

This is the moving back to the UK forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.