Reload this Page >

Visa Help! My head hurts :(

Visa Help! My head hurts :(

Old Jun 5th 2018, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Clloyd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Help! My head hurts :(

Hi everyone

I am British. I’ve been dating my American girlfriend for two years now. We currently work for Princess Cruises which is how we met. We would love to move to the UK. We are both performing artists so the plan would be to live in London and audition for the shows in the West End. We’re struggling to find the perfect visa. My girlfriend doesn’t have a job to go to in the UK and I’m told it’s illegal to enter on a visitor visa and apply for jobs/audition. There is a Tier 5 (Execptional Tallent) Visa but she won’t be able to get this since she has never worked out of the country before. How can I get her to live with me and for her to earn money while we audition? Or even if she can get a job that’s not a performing job for the time being. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jun 5th 2018, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Help! My head hurts :(

For her to live and work in the UK she has the option of:

- getting a work visa
- you sponsoring her -either firstly as fiance and then marrying in the UK, and then obtaining a spouse visa OR getting married somewhere else and obtaining a spouse visa. Either way you need to prove financial, relationship and accommodation requirements. From the sounds of it you don't qualify for an unmarried partner visa.
Read about the financial requirements below:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Ideally if she could get a work visa that would be perfect. The only thing is how can she apply for jobs while not in the country? I’m sure it’s illegal to enter on a visitor visa and look for work ?
Old Jun 5th 2018, 1:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

She can enter the UK and audition/interview as a visitor but she would need to return to the US to apply for her Tier 2 visa. Bear in mind that the potential employer would have to be willing and able to sponsor her.

Does your girlfriend have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents?
Old Jun 5th 2018, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
She can enter the UK and audition/interview as a visitor but she would need to return to the US to apply for her Tier 2 visa. Bear in mind that the potential employer would have to be willing and able to sponsor her.

Does your girlfriend have any recent British, Irish or other European ancestry, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents?
oh okay so she can still apply for work in the country without a visa, that’s good to know. Her grandparents are actually Italian but both of them were naturalised before her mum was born. Just missed that opportunity.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 5:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clloyd101
oh okay so she can still apply for work in the country without a visa, that’s good to know. Her grandparents are actually Italian but both of them were naturalised before her mum was born. Just missed that opportunity.
She can but most employers won't touch you without the right to work. Check the requirements for a Tier 5 Creative visa.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-temporary-...-sporting-visa

You may discover in the end that it will be simpler just to marry.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not for ANY work though... the Tier 2 visa is based on certain skilled roles which are in short supply.

I think the link below provides details of what jobs are eligible for a Tier 2 visa

UK Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List | Workpermit.com
Old Jun 5th 2018, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Not for ANY work though... the Tier 2 visa is based on certain skilled roles which are in short supply.

I think the link below provides details of what jobs are eligible for a Tier 2 visa

UK Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List | Workpermit.com
The role doesn't have to on the SOL in order to qualify - it just exempts the employer from conducting a resident labour market test.

Here's the official list:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ccupation-list