Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Very Fast UK Passport Service in Canada!!!

Very Fast UK Passport Service in Canada!!!

Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Blueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant future
Default Very Fast UK Passport Service in Canada!!!

I just wanted to share with everyone that now seems to be a good time to renew or apply for your British Passports here in Canada. I got mine in 7 business days!! (You apply to the British High Commission in Ottawa). Mine was a renewal and my child's was a first UK Passport. Cost almost $500 for both but so fast!!!!
Thanks and best regards to everyone
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Re: Very Fast UK Passport Service in Canada!!!

Originally Posted by Blueberry
I just wanted to share with everyone that now seems to be a good time to renew or apply for your British Passports here in Canada. I got mine in 7 business days!! (You apply to the British High Commission in Ottawa). Mine was a renewal and my child's was a first UK Passport. Cost almost $500 for both but so fast!!!!

thats good know!! thanks

although i have 3 children needing their first Brit/passports and mine in the next couple of yrs...I'm reallly not looking forward to the amount!!!

What about all the thumb print stuff???
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Blueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant futureBlueberry has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dewdrop
thats good know!! thanks

although i have 3 children needing their first Brit/passports and mine in the next couple of yrs...I'm reallly not looking forward to the amount!!!

What about all the thumb print stuff???
Hi, Did'nt need to do the thumb print stuff (Yet!) Just make sure you have YOUR UK 'Long form' birth certificate with your parents names on for your childrens applications. Will be expensive for three children! Worth it though
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Did'nt need to do the thumb print stuff (Yet!) Just make sure you have YOUR UK 'Long form' birth certificate with your parents names on for your childrens applications. Will be expensive for three children! Worth it though
Is it a biometric passport?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill
I got my kids and my own Passport through Ottawa recently the passports have a little computer chip in them but I'm not sure what information is on it
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by neill

Yeah! i wondering about that too!
i'm just filling in my children brit passports now...but wondered about all the biometric application part of it. I presume Ottawa isn't doing it yet?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I got my kids and my own Passport through Ottawa recently the passports have a little computer chip in them but I'm not sure what information is on it
just wondered about the postage of the passports...did they charge $15each or are they able to combine the postage!! If sending more than one in??? does anyone know, just wondered...just trying to 'cut' some of the costs down since i need 3 of them...
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

just wondered about the postage of the passports...did they charge $15each or are they able to combine the postage!! If sending more than one in??? does anyone know, just wondered...just trying to 'cut' some of the costs down since i need 3 of them...
Hi, Our new Passports that I just received from Ottawa do have the 'Chip' in the back of them. They charged $15 combined postage for both Passports.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, Our new Passports that I just received from Ottawa do have the 'Chip' in the back of them. They charged $15 combined postage for both Passports.

thanks
It all helps!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

yep, if they have the camera logo on the front they're biometric.
Thanks
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:55 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

It took me ages to find the consulate place in Vancouver for renewing my Irish passport. It turned out he was one street up from where i worked off Granville and West Broadway!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:06 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I got my sons biometric pp in Gambia overnight - they did a great job.

The biometric part is to do with the photo. There are a whole series of ratios - distance between ears to eyes and so on that creates a digital sequence whioch can be compared with a photo taken when you are going through immigration. No DNA, no fingerprints just numbers!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a question to you or who ever knows about british passports photos.Elaine, since you just did this for you all!..I went to walmart today...to get the photos of my children done...and she said, "that british passports are not accepting photos with writing on the back"...WHAT!!!!saying Sony, or passport paper...etc...

so my question is why does it matter? and did you find someone that took a photo with it being blank/white on the back of the photo(where the stamp should go)

Please Help!!! as i've called around town and NO ONE does the blank backing, It ALL has writing on it....figures I have no luck, I thought this would be the easiest thing!!

TIA
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question to you or who ever knows about british passports photos.Elaine, since you just did this for you all!..I went to walmart today...to get the photos of my children done...and she said, "that british passports are not accepting photos with writing on the back"...WHAT!!!!saying Sony, or passport paper...etc...

so my question is why does it matter? and did you find someone that took a photo with it being blank/white on the back of the photo(where the stamp should go)

Please Help!!! as i've called around town and NO ONE does the blank backing, It ALL has writing on it....figures I have no luck, I thought this would be the easiest thing!!

TIA
I've never heard anybody mention that I had my picture taken at a place on Queen Street in Toronto called Downtown camera and they were accepted no problem you could call them and ask.

http://www.downtowncamera.com/

I'd also check the passport application form and see what the instructions are for photos.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've never heard anybody mention that I had my picture taken at a place on Queen Street in Toronto called Downtown camera and they were accepted no problem you could call them and ask.

http://www.downtowncamera.com/

I'd also check the passport application form and see what the instructions are for photos.
I have checked that and the official britian in canada site, and it says nothing...just measurements etc...which is more for who is taking the photo i hope they know what they are doing...and it can be in colour/bw but nothing states what needs to be on the back except the stamp of likeness and it being signed by quarantor.

did your photos have writing??? do you remember?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.