Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Old Jan 17th 2004, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Hi,
On the 9th of January, I emailed the Consulate in Amsterdam, asking if they received our file from the NVC yet. I got a reply, saying that they got the "paper file" on the 8th, and that they are waiting for the "electronic file".
On the 12th, I wrote a email asking when to expect the packet 3 (since they won't let you talk to a "live" person), and then sent the same question on the 15th. I then got a reply back, saying that my email-request is being transfered to the immigration section of the Consulate.
It is now Saturday the 17th, and I still have not heard from them.
Does anyone know what the "electronic file" is, and why it is taking them so long to send a simple packet 3?
Old Jan 17th 2004, 12:22 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Venting about packet 3 again, sorry..

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Hi,
On the 9th of January, I emailed the Consulate in Amsterdam, asking if they received our file from the NVC yet. I got a reply, saying that they got the "paper file" on the 8th, and that they are waiting for the "electronic file".
On the 12th, I wrote a email asking when to expect the packet 3 (since they won't let you talk to a "live" person), and then sent the same question on the 15th. I then got a reply back, saying that my email-request is being transfered to the immigration section of the Consulate.
Does anyone know what the "electronic file" is, and why it is taking them so long to send a simple packet 3?
Dutch, I am so sorry... I can't reply to your question, but I hope somebody else can. Keep harassing them though! You're lucky that they actually reply to email (contrary to the Paris consulate). I told you it'd be next week though! I'd bet I'm right, too!!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

CaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really niceCaliforniaGroom is just really nice

Hi,
Perhaps it's just the database they log all files into for tracking purposes. CB was told by the London payphone line that it took up to two weeks to accomplish that. It turned out not to be true in our case, but who knows about Amsterdam? Perhaps the consulate staff is down at The Doors.

You may not hear much before Tuesday, because Monday is Martin Luther King Day -- an American National Holiday.

Whatever the reason, we're all waiting with you and rooting for you. Best wishes.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Hi:

They are being quite responsive IMHO and have told you exactly what's happening.

BTW, beware of the fact that Monday January 19, 2004 is an American holiday of Martin Luther King Day [the first Monday following his birthday of January 15th]. So, now that its the 17th, they are closed until the 20th.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaGroom
Perhaps it's just the database they log all files into for tracking purposes. CB was told by the London payphone line that it took up to two weeks to accomplish that. It turned out not to be true in our case, but who knows about Amsterdam? Perhaps the consulate staff is down at The Doors.

You may not hear much before Tuesday, because Monday is Martin Luther King Day -- an American National Holiday.

Whatever the reason, we're all waiting with you and rooting for you. Best wishes.
Ok, thanks.
I'll just have to wait longer.....
Old Jan 17th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

They are being quite responsive IMHO and have told you exactly what's happening.

BTW, beware of the fact that Monday January 19, 2004 is an American holiday of Martin Luther King Day [the first Monday following his birthday of January 15th]. So, now that its the 17th, they are closed until the 20th.
Thanks for the info, Mr F.......
Old Jan 17th 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by JoshsCarole
I told you it'd be next week though! I'd bet I'm right, too!!
I hope you are right....
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:11 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

I don't know what this "electronic file" is either. But you know I'm pulling for ya!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Simon&Vik
I don't know what this "electronic file" is either. But you know I'm pulling for ya!
I know you are......
All the help is appreciated....
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:19 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Hey Dutch!!

I am sorry they are jerking you around.. How mean!!. I wish I could do something to speed things up..
If there is anything I can do.. let me know!!
Hope you get packet 3 next week
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Hi:

Scuse me for my ignorance but wot is IMHO???? wot does it mean??

Thanks!
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:28 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Scuse me for my ignorance but wot is IMHO???? wot does it mean??

Thanks!
An old NG acronym back from the days of expensive on-line time and 300 baud modems:

In My Humble Opinion

Also -- would use IMO for an opnion that was not humble. Since I try to write from actual knowledge and experience of long standing, my use of "H" may very well be uncalled for.

BTW, [By The Way], it is interesting to note that our good NG friend, Andrew DeFaria never uses "IMHO". <g>. [shorthand for small "grin" to indicate that I am teasing. Could also use a "smiley with a wink" of ;-) ].
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

An old NG acronym back from the days of expensive on-line time and 300 baud modems:

In My Humble Opinion

Also -- would use IMO for an opnion that was not humble. Since I try to write from actual knowledge and experience of long standing, my use of "H" may very well be uncalled for.

BTW, [By The Way], it is interesting to note that our good NG friend, Andrew DeFaria never uses "IMHO". <g>. [shorthand for small "grin" to indicate that I am teasing. Could also use a "smiley with a wink" of ;-) ].

Oooooooooooh, you're going to catch it now Mr F, !
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone know what the "electronic file" is.
Any idea's....?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.