Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Vehicle on lease and moving back

Vehicle on lease and moving back

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

aich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vehicle on lease and moving back

anybody been in the situation where you are moving back to UK from US and have a vehicle on lease? Thought I would get the forum's input before making the call!
Thanks everyone
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vehicle on lease and moving back

Originally Posted by aich
anybody been in the situation where you are moving back to UK from US and have a vehicle on lease? Thought I would get the forum's input before making the call!
Thanks everyone
It depends on how long you have left on the lease...... If you are being forced to leave for some reason other than your own fault or just visa ran out then some companies will help you break the lease without too much cost incurred....
Some on the other hand will hold you to the lease and ask for a payoff on handover... eg the penalties for breaking the contract early....

You have an option to try to get someone else to take over the lease, but I would look into the details of the contract first...

Basically if the company will not work with you and want penalties then you have a choice.... pay, or dump and run with the risk of them tracing you....

It's a pain in the you know what..... But it happens....