Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A US Church Group prevented from entering the UK

Wikiposts

A US Church Group prevented from entering the UK

Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A US Church Group prevented from entering the UK

Originally Posted by md95065
just that in these particular cases they should not be exercising that right ...
why not?

you do know hate speech is against the law in the UK right.

why should anyone be allowed entry with the distinct possibility of breaking the law upon entry.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:37 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
use that mong filter of yours to take in and understand what the clever people say.
Cognitive dissonance....

You're a clever person? But you're a Northerner. Does. Not. Compute.

The only way to win is not to play.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:39 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

why not?

why should anyone be allowed entry with the distinct possibility of breaking the law upon entry.
Your hate speech is my thought crime. Say whatever you want. If it has any validity, your ideas will stand. If not, you will be ridiculed and ignored.

Freedom is absolute.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

yeah we're all think as pig shit oop nawf
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:40 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Your hate speech is my thought crime. Say whatever you want. If it has any validity, your ideas will stand. If not, you will be ridiculed and ignored.

Freedom is absolute.
you can't shout fire in a packed theatre and then complain about getting trampled over.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:57 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Ray
The monitoring of this people is very expensive
..Times are hard ..
Oh, I'm sure there'll always be money in the kitty for oppressing liberty in the UK. All they need do is increase revenue with yet another draconian measure.
For example, why not levy £60 on-the-spot fines for changing lanes without using an indicator...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/dri...cle5769343.ece

For all those who think I'm a nut, please defend this. Explain to me why I'm wrong in my observations that the British public is assumed to be guilty of something, the state just hasn't proved it yet.

Just this week, my sister was furious when the police came to the school to interview her eldest son. He was identified/profiled as an "at-risk child".
We have no idea why. He was called into the headmaster's office by an apologetic headmaster, who was surprised that the police were there.

My nephew is top of his class at his grammar school. He has never been in any trouble or had any interaction with the authorities/police, except for when he was four and called the fire brigade.

Following my father's intervention, they apologized and admitted they had no grounds for hauling this boy out of class. My sister - who is apolitical - is livid. As you can imagine, I am that times 10.

What bullsh1t social engineering is this? I have family and friends in the UK, but I want to see the country reap what it has sowed. Farking social engineering, interference and political correctness gone mad.

I will rub my hands with glee as Atlas Shrugs, and a "natural correction" occurs.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:01 pm
Peace onion

you can't shout fire in a packed theatre and then complain about getting trampled over.
So what? A few sheeple who don't have the brains to realize there's no smoke or flames get trampled? Where's the harm? I'm sorry, I don't understand what your point is.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

why not?
Because it is the government exercising prior restraint on someone for something that they *might* do.

Actually, no, I didn't. I am sure we could have an interesting discussion about "hate speech" laws, but that is irrelevant to this issue.

Why indeed, if you are happy with the prospect of living in a society where you can be prevented from doing something (in this case, traveling to the UK) because of what some government official thinks that you might do.

I value my freedom far to much to want to see it taken away from others just because I happen to disagree with them.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:27 pm
@matthewb76

I value my freedom far to much to want to see it taken away from others just because I happen to disagree with them.
no-one has the right to enter the UK.

I'm still not seeing your point.

you only have the freedom of the country once you've been admitted into it.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:29 pm
@matthewb76

Actually, no, I didn't. I am sure we could have an interesting discussion about "hate speech" laws, but that is irrelevant to this issue.
when dealing with Phelps and his clan, it is EXACTLY the fucking issue.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:31 pm
@matthewb76

Why indeed, if you are happy with the prospect of living in a society where you can be prevented from doing something (in this case, traveling to the UK) because of what some government official thinks that you might do.
That country is the United States though also.

ask Cat Stevens.....

or Gerry Adams

or Sebastian Horsley

Last edited by Manc; Feb 19th 2009 at 4:46 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:50 pm
@matthewb76

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7900591.stm

this is Argentina's ball, and they play with it how they see fit

(so long as it is not the hand of God)
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:52 pm
@matthewb76

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0426?hub=World

Australia's ball and how they decide to play with foreigners whom want to travel
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:09 pm
Peace onion

So, let's see: a cardinal in the country under 'false pretenses'. Read that as an embarrassment. But the key point is that he is in the country. He had been admitted.

As for Snoop Dogg, he had a criminal record for drug offenses. Fair enough.
Prior offenses. He wasn't turned away for what he might do.

Tell me what prior offenses the Phelps clan were rejected for?
<Listening hard>

Oh, that's right, nothing. They might... do... something.

Gerry Adams was the political spokesman of a terrorist organization. Legitimate grounds for barring entry.

I see what you're trying to do, Manc, but strawman argument is strawful.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:14 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

Oh, that's right, nothing. They might... do... something.
my strawman arguement is that anyone can be denied entry or removed at any time.

again, I don't know how else I can put this without tattooing it on your forehead.

they do not have any automatic right to enter the UK.

none

whatsoever

period

for ANY reason.

for ANY non reason.

the onus is on the visitor to be allowed in.

the onus is not on the country to allow you in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.