URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ! ToR rejection letter

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ! ToR rejection letter

Old Jul 6th 2023, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ! ToR rejection letter

Hi there,
Would appreciate some help.
we are having our items shipping on Tuesday 11th July, and received this ToR Rejection letter (see below in italics) today after applying a little while ago.
I’ve asked my parents for a utility bill from June and will email the utility bill as soon as they scan it to me.
I’m wondering should I just remove my pet off the application? We aren’t flying back to the UK until September and so can’t provide a health certificate number. We were just planning on paying VAT on arrival.
if I get all the info today and submit it, it’s unlikely I’ll get approved (all being good) by Tuesday?
thanks in advance.

“ Land Registry document is too old for us to accept and as you are going to be living with a family member, we will need an alternative document such as a utility bill/bank statement dated within 3-months of your arrival or recently issued Council Tax Bill from <snip> name linking them to <snip>.
Your pet is not included without the official Animal Health Certificate, please email it to [email protected] (this is normally provided by a vet 5 days before pet’s travel date). Please Note: Rabies Vaccination documents are not a pet certificate..”

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 6th 2023 at 10:03 am. Reason: Name and address removed - pls don't put personal info in your posts.
Old Jul 6th 2023, 2:03 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED ! ToR rejection letter

Why are you planning on paying VAT? What are you expecting to pay VAT on?

When you move between countries VAT is very rarely due on the transfer of personal possessions to your new home country. A theoretical exception would be something bought recently, assuming customs could identify it as acquired recently.
Old Jul 6th 2023, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, I'm sorry I wasn't clear I was writing at 2AM in a panic.
Since receiving the intention to reject our ToR application I have:
-submitted my parents UK utility bill as proof we will be staying with them upon our arrival in the UK
What I was referring to in my initial post is that we don't have a pet health certificate for the ToR application as we don't depart until September, and a certificate can't be completed until 5 days prior to our flight. Do I leave the dog off the ToR application all together?
Our movers arrive on Tuesday 11th of July and I'm assuming they won't move our belongings without the ToR number. Could they store them until we receive the ToR number and ship them once the ToR numbers received.
Just trying to trouble shoot this situation.
Old Jul 6th 2023, 3:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollybegoode
Hi there, I'm sorry I wasn't clear I was writing at 2AM in a panic.
Since receiving the intention to reject our ToR application I have:
-submitted my parents UK utility bill as proof we will be staying with them upon our arrival in the UK
What I was referring to in my initial post is that we don't have a pet health certificate for the ToR application as we don't depart until September, and a certificate can't be completed until 5 days prior to our flight. Do I leave the dog off the ToR application all together?
Our movers arrive on Tuesday 11th of July and I'm assuming they won't move our belongings without the ToR number. Could they store them until we receive the ToR number and ship them once the ToR numbers received.
Just trying to trouble shoot this situation.
When I moved in March I was told that as long as you send the TOR number to the shippers before the goods arrive in the UK, its fine. They like to have it in advance but it isn't actually needed until the goods arrive.
Old Jul 6th 2023, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When I moved in March I was told that as long as you send the TOR number to the shippers before the goods arrive in the UK, its fine. They like to have it in advance but it isn't actually needed until the goods arrive.

thanks so much for this! This is great news. I’m going to contact the shippers today to get confirmation. 🙏🏼
Old Jul 7th 2023, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That was also the situation with our daughter last year. The shippers had her belongings long before the ToR number was issued. We emailed her a utility bill as proof of address for her application.
Old Jul 7th 2023, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by durham_lad
That was also the situation with our daughter last year. The shippers had her belongings long before the ToR number was issued. We emailed her a utility bill as proof of address for her application.

thanks for your response. This is great news.
Old Jul 12th 2023, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully all went well with shippers. just to note HMRC email a reference number once they approve your submission which the shippers accept to get started, as sometimes it takes a while to issue TOR.

re pets, Yes you need the Animal health certificate or pet passport and have to have the pet cleared on arrival in the UK . You will need a clearing agent who deals with customs clearance. They liaise with the pet arrivals centres at Gatwick or Heathrow who check the animal certificate or passports. Pet clearing agetn can also arrange onward transport for you pet to you. Possibly if you are using a pet shipper they will have organised the UK end for you.

A pet agents told me that if you have owned a pet for 6 months then the nominal value according to HMRC for a dog is £100 and for a cat £60. so if you dont have a TOR number it's not a problem you just pay Vat on the relevant amount. Also it seems that there is an anomaly and one ends up paying it anyway.
The clearing agents will ask you to fill in a form saying you are returning to the uk either permanently or up to 3 years or something like that. How long you owned pet, etc

A note; Gatwick is quicker to get a slot into for pet arrivals and cost of animal centre and clearing is a less than Heathrow.

Last edited by angie_329; Jul 12th 2023 at 8:35 pm. Reason: Spelling