Update: frustration

Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:28 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Update: frustration

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Men and their snoring
but don't we just love them not at 2am when they are snoring their heads off....i keep rolling mine over into his side where he stays put for 5 mins but then he's off again :curse:
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

A kick in the knackers cures my hubby's snoring now and again
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
After I've rolled him over...I put the TV remote control behind him. That way if he tries to roll on his back...he's sleeping on the remote.

nice one, will remember that and try it out
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Thanks for the encouragement, guys and gals. Unfortunately, I have already requested temp work through several agencies, and they either don't have anything (so why bother to advertise, I ask) or it's too far away. One agency guy even said he'd put my name down for a job and insisted I get a car in two weeks so I could start, as it was a long way from where I live. I told him that I need a job to get a car. What a dummy.

Anyway, on the bright side, I am enjoying the time off, although I've started staying up later and sleeping a lot during the day so I have to get out of that habit.
I found it takes luck and/or annoying amounts of perserverance. I would get cross at times ... felt like I was doing the work to make them money with the amount of calling I would do. The break will come though. What part of the UK are you in?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

marcelle38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
They are wrong at the Jobcentre/Unemployment Benefit Office (or whatever it's called these days). It seems that inexperienced staff have been giving you incorrect information.

You must inform them that they *must* abide by the 'Swaddling' decision in the European Courts for returning citizens returning to their home country to re-establish themselves. You are not an economic migrant.

See some links here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=swaddling

and

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forum/pfas/88.html (especially post #4)

and most relevant of all....the reply from Malcolm Wicks, Parliamentary Secretary for the Dept of Work & Pensions - he makes it clear that you *don't* need to have returned from an EU country, any British citizen returning to the UK to re-establish ties is entitled to claim for benefits on immediate return to the UK:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/...-02-13.30950.h

(I'd print it off and go straight down to the office where you made your claim and make an appeal, stating that you want your claim to begin from the date you made your appointment with them to sign on.)

Also continue to insist that you sign on until a decision has been made (ie. the appeals process has been exhausted). At the very least you will get your National Insurance credit if you continue to sign on.

Please do 'google' 'Swaddling and Habitual Residence Test' for more info!

Good Luck!
hi, thanks so much for the info. I have been looking for something like this. do you know if i am allowed to own a house in the usa and still apply for benefits? or do they even ask?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
A bit rude arent you? i think he is fully aware what the OP is saying but is in the same situation just on the other side!!!
About the first time anyone takes any notice of me on this forum and I get accused of being rude

I wasn't intending to be rude at all. The first thing the poster said was that he wished he'd found this forum prior to moving to Australia as he was having trouble finding work. I took that as being that he had misread the original poster who was talking about finding work in the UK.

I hope that both posters have luck finding work and settling into their chosen countries. I'll crawl back off under my shell now
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunbather
About the first time anyone takes any notice of me on this forum and I get accused of being rude

I wasn't intending to be rude at all. The first thing the poster said was that he wished he'd found this forum prior to moving to Australia as he was having trouble finding work. I took that as being that he had misread the original poster who was talking about finding work in the UK.

I hope that both posters have luck finding work and settling into their chosen countries. I'll crawl back off under my shell now
Don't worry, Kez explained she was in a mood due to her hubby snoring all night
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

In actually having problems with getting any child benefit at the moment they keep sending me all these forms to fill in why we left, are we staying for good, blah blah.

Remember when you come back claim straightaway as you only can get back date for about 3 months, if you get it!!! I'll keep you updated,

kath
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice

Ouch!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

EnglishMum,

Great info. We're going back to the UK next June. I didn't think I would be able to claim anything for six weeks.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I was just going to tell you about the Swaddling decision and then I saw EnglishMum had done so.

This is vital for your case. You are now by law considered a habitual resident from your first day back in the UK.

When I returned to the UK I was lucky in that I had a position to come to and started work 3 weeks after arriving. I left that job 6 months afterwards and was able to claim benefits until I found another. I still had to quote Swaddling and show evidence of registering with a GP to gain my entitlements.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
In actually having problems with getting any child benefit at the moment they keep sending me all these forms to fill in why we left, are we staying for good, blah blah.

Remember when you come back claim straightaway as you only can get back date for about 3 months, if you get it!!! I'll keep you updated,

kath
You will get it eventually, we had the same when we moved back to the UK from Canada and we had an overseas born child to explain too. Took about 4-5 months for ours to be sorted out and at the time (2004) backdated from arrival and gave us 12 weeks of family allowance for each trip back to the UK we had during our time overseas. It was a welcome lump of money. Not sure if they do the same now or not.