British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   An update..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/update-756337/)

chris955 May 1st 2012 8:25 pm

Re: An update.....

For those who are interested and indeed the conspiracy theorists and stalkers LOL.
The weather has been crap but yesterday was glorious, it has made us realise that the weather is of little importance overall.
Everything seems to be cheaper except fuel, somethings VERY cheap indeed especially groceries.
I have finally bought myself a Prius, I have always wanted one and pick it up hopefully today. With one of these, 20 quid road tax and cheap insurance it wont be any more expensive to run a car here than it was in Australia.
Everyone has been very helpful, cheerful and seemingly happy. There arent any signs of impending doom, in fact it appears to be life as normal for most people.
My boys have already seen loads of animals they wont to add to the "zoo" that we are planning on having.
All up we are all having a ball.

moneypenny20 May 1st 2012 9:33 pm

Just seen this. Congrats on sneaking out of Aus without telling us :lol: Hope you get all you wish for and more in sunny/grey/warm/cold/dry/wet England! :thumbsup:

In Exile May 1st 2012 11:33 pm

just adding another congrats post. keep up the posting and hope it all works out for you

chris955 May 1st 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks, to be honest I did it to show how stupid some posts about me were, i was criticised for NOT going and now I have gone they dont believe me :rofl:

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10036864)
Just seen this. Congrats on sneaking out of Aus without telling us :lol: Hope you get all you wish for and more in sunny/grey/warm/cold/dry/wet England! :thumbsup:

chris955 May 1st 2012 11:39 pm

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by In Exile (Post 10037084)
just adding another congrats post. keep up the posting and hope it all works out for you

moneypenny20 May 1st 2012 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 10037108)
Thanks, to be honest I did it to show how stupid some posts about me were, i was criticised for NOT going and now I have gone they dont believe me :rofl:

It's BE for goodness sake, there's stupid posts on anything and everything, that's not going to change just because people are shown to be wrong :rofl:

jemima55 May 1st 2012 11:58 pm

Good luck, all good to hear! Hope to be joining you in the not too dim and distant,( again, not literally).

papilon May 2nd 2012 6:34 pm

Good luck with the move and sure everything will fall into place, that's a lovely part of the world you choose to live in, are you near that Hugh Fernley Whittingsomething geezer??

Alfresco May 2nd 2012 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by morayeel (Post 10034313)
glad to hear things are going well. I will return to the UK tomorrow after a number of year in the states.

How are you finding it so far?

moneypenny20 May 2nd 2012 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 10039004)
How are you finding it so far?

I think the airline pilot probably found it for them. :sneaky:

Alfresco May 2nd 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10039090)
I think the airline pilot probably found it for them. :sneaky:

Yes, Indeed! :D

Might be all up in the air though.

Moggiemiss May 3rd 2012 12:58 pm

Glad to read such upbeat postings.... Especially the cheap groceries!

chris955 May 3rd 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks. It is a beautiful part of the world, we are using a different route to go to see our friends each time and keep discovering new villages and areas. Yes I think he is around here somewhere.

Originally Posted by papilon (Post 10038849)
Good luck with the move and sure everything will fall into place, that's a lovely part of the world you choose to live in, are you near that Hugh Fernley Whittingsomething geezer??

brits1 May 3rd 2012 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 10036769)
For those who are interested and indeed the conspiracy theorists and stalkers LOL.
The weather has been crap but yesterday was glorious, it has made us realise that the weather is of little importance overall.
Everything seems to be cheaper except fuel, somethings VERY cheap indeed especially groceries.
I have finally bought myself a Prius, I have always wanted one and pick it up hopefully today. With one of these, 20 quid road tax and cheap insurance it wont be any more expensive to run a car here than it was in Australia.
Everyone has been very helpful, cheerful and seemingly happy. There arent any signs of impending doom, in fact it appears to be life as normal for most people.
My boys have already seen loads of animals they wont to add to the "zoo" that we are planning on having.
All up we are all having a ball.

Its always nice to read a happy outcome, well done. As one of the replies to your thread read Wet,Sunny,Grey etc....I think if your happy where you are then things like homes, weather are not (and that can all be in one day here lol) so important...nice but not the be all.....Good luck with everything, we have been home from Aus 2 years now and still enjoying exploring the U.K and living "back home" have you visited Bath? I went many many years ago now.....and really enjoyed the visit. All the best

britwhore May 5th 2012 6:16 am

Love Whitstable. My in-laws live in Canterbury so I visited Whistable for the day during christmas. It was a beautifully sunny (but cold) day and we spent the day charity shopping and eating fish and chips at the fish market. LOVED IT!!!! Good luck with everything :)