An update.....

Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:31 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default An update.....

Just for those of you interested really, our house sale went through 2 weeks ago before the next wave of termites hit and after some rather messy and protracted crap from Suncorp. Finally after 4 finance extensions the mortgage was agreed. Our container was packed and left Brisbane last Wednesday and we left for our week wind down in Singapore. We all had a brilliant time and finally got to go to the Zoo which I must say is the best I have been to anywhere in the world.
Anyway although this will probably upset a few we are now back in Blighty and so far loving it.
A few observations, many many things are cheap, very cheap. Food is especially cheap while other things are for whatever reason expensive. Everyone we have had to deal with so far has been happy and very cheerful, we are seeing no signs of the misery we hear about. Like anywhere you get back what you put in.
The weather has been crap but we didnt come here for the weather.
Our friends seem to be doing exactly what they have always done, going out, holidays etc.
We were very sad to leave Australia for many reasons, I grew up there and it was my home for many years and we will miss many aspects of life there.
To explain our reasons I will use a car analogy (which is not to be taken literally LOL). For US Australia offers Ford, Toyota and Holden which are perfectly fine if a little boring, the UK for US offers Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar but also Ford, Toyota and Holden (Vauxhall).
I certainly don't hate Australia, far from it but as my wife said it just feels 'right' being here.
I don't care if one country or the other has better growth than the other or the beaches are better or whatever, for us at this moment in time we are here and it is where we want to be. Our kids are loving it as well.
I just wish I could get over this jet lag
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An update.....

I don't get your dates? So you were on holiday in Singapore/moving back to Blighty in the last week and STILL posted prolifically on here?!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

What's not to get ? We left Brisbane on the 17th, we left Singapore on the 24th. I can't say that I was a prolific poster in that period. Amazingly Emirates even supplies Internet on the plane, updating your Facebook status at 36,000 feet is weird
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:53 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Chris! Great news and I'm pleased you're loving it back in Blighty. Have a bag of frazzles for me!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:56 am
Banned

Thank you, yes loving it so far but now the hard work starts, looking for a couple of cars and most importantly a house. I love Frazzles, we have been bingeing a little on the foods we have missed.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I quite seriously hope you'll be happy in Blighty.... And keep posting on here...

Good luck with your new life in the UK
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
What's not to get ? We left Brisbane on the 17th, we left Singapore on the 24th. I can't say that I was a prolific poster in that period. Amazingly Emirates even supplies Internet on the plane, updating your Facebook status at 36,000 feet is weird
When I'm on holiday, I wouldn't think of going on BE! I'm obviously not as internet sad as I thought!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Good luck finding cars etc and enjoy life back in the UK. Hope the rain stops soon...
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:02 am
Banned

Thank you very much for your good wishes.

Originally Posted by eddie007
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I quite seriously hope you'll be happy in Blighty.... And keep posting on here...

Good luck with your new life in the UK
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:04 am
Banned

Thanks. The rain doesn't bother me, I moved from Brisbane. It hasn't actually rained that much, we went to Bath yesterday and it was a little cold but pretty nice.

Originally Posted by itigo
Good luck finding cars etc and enjoy life back in the UK. Hope the rain stops soon...
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Just need to update your BE signature location.
If I was in the UK I'd be buying an old Mini as a 3rd car!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:17 am
Banned

Yes I should update really. I updated to Singapore one of the few times I looked on here.
We are actually looked at a new type Mini for my wife.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I had a new one too (2008) and it was brilliant! Solid BMW build quality, chic, frugal and nippy. Miss it to bits.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Best of luck in your new life. Am SO Jealous!

Haven't had a Spring back home since 2001 - or watched a Wimbledon in real time :-(

Have a pack or two of Pickled Onion Monster Munch for me please :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.