Reload this Page >

United Kingdom Spouse Visas

United Kingdom Spouse Visas

Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: United Kingdom Spouse Visas

Originally Posted by UKintheUSA
Does anyone know how long it takes for an American Citizen married to someone from the UK to get a Spouse Visa? I have a form called the Settlement Form VAF2. From the UK Webiste it seems to me that this is the correct one. Will this Visa allow me to get a job immediately upon arrival there? Thanks.

Deb
Takes about 2/3 weeks by post or same day in person at the consulate.
See www.britainusa.org for correct form (you can complete and submit online) and consulate which will process visas from your state. It's easy and painless!
Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice and easy...........unlike here in the USA. Just thinking we might later on down the road do this. The big question is can I work in the UK on that Visa?
I believe you can...and then after 3 years can apply for citizenship...
lot quicker and easier all around...but get expensive, still probably cheaper than this end of things...
Old Dec 11th 2004, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can work immediately!
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

jdcook is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jess5377
You can work immediately!
I believe you can work once you're married.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

kmunce is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know how long it takes for an American Citizen married to someone from the UK to get a Spouse Visa? I have a form called the Settlement Form VAF2. From the UK Webiste it seems to me that this is the correct one. Will this Visa allow me to get a job immediately upon arrival there? Thanks.

Deb
I am living in the UK on a Spouse visa (I'm Australian), I booked an appointment to go in in person and apply for the visa and got it that day, it's very easy and I could work straight away.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdcook
I believe you can work once you're married.
As far as I know you can work on a spouse visa, but not necessarily on a fiancee visa. Check the rules in detail.

Jeremy