United 93

Old Apr 29th 2006, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default United 93

British director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, Bloody Sunday) turns in a powerfully moving and thoroughly awe-inspiring account of the heros of United Airlines flight 93.

Just saw it today, the sold out audience erupted into thunderous applause at it's conclusion. The movie deals with the events of 9/11 from the point of view of air-traffic controllers, military commanders and passengers onboard the ill fated flight.

The film grabs your attention and doesn't let go until the end credits role. The heroic passengers of UA 93 are so well portrayed by a cast of unknowns, and the sequences so well directed by Paul Greengrass that you will feel as though you are there with the air traffic controllers and passengers as the events of 9/11 unfold.

A truly remarkable film that I strongly urge everyone to go see.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 4:31 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United 93

Originally Posted by Jabba1
British director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, Bloody Sunday) turns in a powerfully moving and thoroughly awe-inspiring account of the heros of United Airlines flight 93.

Just saw it today, the sold out audience erupted into thunderous applause at it's conclusion. The movie deals with the events of 9/11 from the point of view of air-traffic controllers, military commanders and passengers onboard the ill fated flight.

The film grabs your attention and doesn't let go until the end credits role. The heroic passengers of UA 93 are so well portrayed by a cast of unknowns, and the sequences so well directed by Paul Greengrass that you will feel as though you are there with the air traffic controllers and passengers as the events of 9/11 unfold.

i'm sure it is very pwerful/moving etc... and i'm sure if i watched it that's how i'd feel too... but i'm a bit afaid because i tend to read too much into film maker's interperatations of historical events.

How about you? Did you tend to believe it, or were you able to keep in mind that there are some things we just can't ever know?
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We are hoping to see it tonight. One of my husbands employees were on that flight.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
i'm sure it is very pwerful/moving etc... and i'm sure if i watched it that's how i'd feel too... but i'm a bit afaid because i tend to read too much into film maker's interperatations of historical events.

How about you? Did you tend to believe it, or were you able to keep in mind that there are some things we just can't ever know?
That's the beauty of it. Paul Greengrass doesn't stoop to gratutity or sensasionalism in the making of this film. In fact, most of the air-traffic controllers play themselves in this film. Greengrass tells the story as it actually happened, absolutely nothing is fictionalized.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's the beauty of it. Paul Greengrass doesn't stoop to gratutity or sensasionalism in the making of this film. In fact, most of the air-traffic controllers play themselves in this film. Greengrass tells the story as it actually happened, absolutely nothing is fictionalized.

In fact the guy who was in charge of air traffic control plays himself. He is the one that grounded all the planes and closed the US air space. 9/11 was his first day in the job.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:41 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

My next door neighbour who was also a good friend of mine, died 9/11.. so i think this is still a little soon for me. A woman i work with also lost her husband and daughter (he went back in for the daughter). I just have to say in regards to the other topic of making US friends, 9/11 is probably the day my opinion changed forever on the US. Watching my local community come together as they did to support eachother was truly inspiring. That said, i think these movies coming out are a good thing, its starting to fade in a lot of ppls memories, and these ppl need to be remembered for what they were, heroes.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:58 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely nothing is fictionalized.
I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that. It would be more accurate to say that it's as factual as they could possibly make it. Yes they have the cell phone transcripts and the cockpit recorders, but a lot of what actually happened is still informed speculation, and much of the film and its dialogue was improvised with reference to the known contents of the cell phone calls etc.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475276/trivia
Old Apr 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
My next door neighbour who was also a good friend of mine, died 9/11.. so i think this is still a little soon for me. A woman i work with also lost her husband and daughter (he went back in for the daughter). I just have to say in regards to the other topic of making US friends, 9/11 is probably the day my opinion changed forever on the US. Watching my local community come together as they did to support eachother was truly inspiring. That said, i think these movies coming out are a good thing, its starting to fade in a lot of ppls memories, and these ppl need to be remembered for what they were, heroes.
My daughter's teacher actually took a call from her husband while she was in class, he was trapped in the North Tower. Several of my husband's work collegues where killed in the towers and on three of the planes.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Just watched United 93, it was an excellent movie. I am still a little stunned by it. There was no applause at the end only silence. I have never been to a movie before when everyone just got up from their seats and left the theatre without a sound.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:33 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just watched United 93, it was an excellent movie. I am still a little stunned by it. There was no applause at the end only silence. I have never been to a movie before when everyone just got up from their seats and left the theatre without a sound.
I would like to go and see it. I imagine it's very hard to watch. I get chills watching anything to do with 9/11.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by clydegirl
I would like to go and see it. I imagine it's very hard to watch. I get chills watching anything to do with 9/11.
I actually didn't find it difficult to watch. It brought back all the memories of that morning. It was very moving.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 12:10 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
I think we should all go and see it, but I agree, some will find it very difficult to watch it.

Last edited by User Name; Apr 30th 2006 at 12:53 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I suppose it would be in very bad taste if i hijacked this thread?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:03 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
I suppose it would be in very bad taste if i hijacked this thread?
Not even close to being slightly amusing
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Not even close to being slightly amusing
I was being perfectly serious and was my way of showing respect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.