Wikiposts

UK weekly living costs

Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:48 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK weekly living costs

Originally Posted by sans
I didn't take out the extra insurance....Yeh i know.....but money was very tight.....And the shippers have been ignoring me since i complained about the fact my stuff, that was suppose to take 8 wks...took 20 wks.

I have some collectors limited additions that are now in bits too ( worthless):curse:

Ere Sans, fixed your mattress problem

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-BLUE-POLYCO...QQcmdZViewItem

And it sleeps two people. (giggle)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:54 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
I know it's a pain Sans but the insurance barely covers any loss. No insurance covers sentimental loss. Why don't you have a look on Ebay to see if you can replace your collectors bits and get yourself off bargain hunting for another mattress? Probably be quicker than fighting a claim. Bang one in all the same though but don't let them get to you.
I have tried searching for one of them and i haven't managed to find her.....You know what its like when you buy something from new and you look after your stuff......

I also have the rose of tralee figurine...she's gorgeous, and she also plays the tune...or at least she did, she now rattles inside and she's also lost some fingers.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:55 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be daft. Fire away and let it all out. I too have felt fed up. Family issues mostly but I've found a cure now.
Honestly flea, I don't mind if you pour your heart out. Don't worry about the thread. I like it when topics meander anyway because it allows more people to get involved. I'm not a thread snob. ha ha
Thanks.. head is spinning at the moment. Will probably spit it all out once i have processed it all in the head
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:56 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried searching for one of them and i haven't managed to find her.....You know what its like when you buy something from new and you look after your stuff......

I also have the rose of tralee figurine...she's gorgeous, and she also plays the tune...or at least she did, she now rattles inside and she's also lost some fingers.
bastards...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:57 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Can you trace the manufacturers?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:58 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Ere Sans, fixed your mattress problem

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-BLUE-POLYCO...QQcmdZViewItem

And it sleeps two people. (giggle)
Is that funny ..........Mmm TUT!!! I have been sleeping on the floor for 6 mths
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:07 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Oh no, that's awful :curse:...bunch of cowboys:curse::curse:...and I bet they were a supposedly "reputable" moving firm too Sorry to hear it - you must have been livid at the weekend.
Ruby i bought the bedroom furniture in Red Deer From Sims or Simpsons? Its that Dick Idol furniture and the mattress is about a foot deep with that soft top quilted top cost around $5500 all together...... Yep it was AMJ Campbells.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:14 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Can you trace the manufacturers?
Possibly but they were limited editions and all numbered When i've got my head round it, i'll give it ago. They also smashed the case on my grandfather clock,its only about 25yr old. But it was one i had made, to my own design ...Not saying anymore cos i'll depress you.....I'm depressing myself now lols ...........Its now an hr since i was off to bed Nite allx
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

We're heading back soon mostly because on a like for like budget costing exercise, we'll be better off by $20,000 a year living in the UK. Without going into details, we've got some expenses we don't need here.

On balance and having talked to friends living in the UK, the weekly average bills are approx;

rent/mortgage 125.00
food 100.00
gas/electric 30.00
car/petrol 30.00
tel/broadband 25.00

I haven't added rates because I don't think you pay them if you're renting? Only if you own the property, can't remember.

Does the above sound about right? Or have I missed something? If it's reasonably accurate, living in Australia is more expensive for us anyway.
My Brother who owns a house in Norwich pays 1'800.00 GBP per year in council tax. However this has to be paid generally by the tenant. For a house hold of three their weekly out goings (basics only) are 450.00GBP.

I think most of what you seek is covered in this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ouse+insurance
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:08 pm
Banned

Possibly but they were limited editions and all numbered When i've got my head round it, i'll give it ago. They also smashed the case on my grandfather clock,its only about 25yr old. But it was one i had made, to my own design ...Not saying anymore cos i'll depress you.....I'm depressing myself now lols ...........Its now an hr since i was off to bed Nite allx

Sans, have a look on ebay because often you can find limited editions of everything. A friend replaced a limited Royal Doulton plate from a set. She was lucky because it was a one off but you never know. People sell deceased estates on ebay so you might get lucky.
Here's a link of grandfather clock restorers. Have a look and maybe email then to find out how mich it would cost to replace the broken face. Once you've got estimates, you can claim on your insurance.

http://search.orange.co.uk/all?q=gra...nd=ouk&tab=web