UK TWOV

Old Feb 18th 2002, 10:25 pm
Andrew Defaria

Default UK TWOV

That's it! I can't take it anymore so I want to be with my fiancée even though I'm
still fighting the INS to get my fiancée here in the US. However I really don't like
the Ukraine. Not a nice place, nothing to do and it's cold, etc. So my grand plan was
to go to another, better country and fly her in so we can enjoy some "quality" time
together. My plans were for Jamaica.

Now getting a visitor visa for her is not that difficult for Jamaica - you simply
fill out a form when you arrive at the airport and pay like a $20 fee. However,
flying her there is another story...

Best flight I could find for here was via Air Jamaica out of London. Now getting her
to London.

From what I read at http://www.britain-info.org/visas/notransit.asp she should be
eligible for a TWOV. She's flying through London from Kiev bound for Jamaica. Note
on the return she must stay overnight in London to catch the next flight out but
according to that page "Travelling through the UK by air, and whose sole intention
is to pass in transit through the UK (such passengers may travel by road or rail
between 2 airports in the UK). If They have confirmed booking on a flight departing
within 24 hours to their country of destination; ".

So is she OK? Can she fly through London using TWOV?

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> That's it! I can't take it anymore so I want to be with
my fianc&eacute;e even though I'm still fighting the INS to get my fianc&eacute;e
here in the US. However I really don't like the Ukraine. Not a nice place, nothing to
do and it's cold, etc. So my grand plan was to go to another, better country and fly
her in so we can enjoy some "quality" time together. My plans were for Jamaica. <br>
<br> Now getting a visitor visa for her is not that difficult for Jamaica - you
simply fill out a form when you arrive at the airport and pay like a $20 fee.
However, flying her there is another story...<br> <br> Best flight I could find for
here was via Air Jamaica out of London. Now getting her to London.<br> <br> From what
I read at <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.britain-info.org/visas/n-
otransit.asp">http://www.britain-info.org/visas/notransit.asp</a> she should be
eligible for a TWOV. She's flying through London from Kiev bound for Jamaica. Note on
the return she must stay overnight in London to catch the next flight out but
according to that page "<font face="arial" size="2">Travelling through the UK by air,
and whose sole intention is to pass in transit through the UK (such passengers may
travel by road or rail between 2 airports in the UK). If </font><font face="arial"
size="2">They have confirmed booking on a flight departing within 24 hours to their
country of destination;</font> ". <br> <br> So is she OK? Can she fly through London
using TWOV?<br> </body> </html