Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK Storage reccommendations

UK Storage reccommendations

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default UK Storage reccommendations

So our 40ft container will shortly be on its way from Montreal, due to arrive into Liverpool July 6th. We don't have a house lined up so will need at least a couple of months storage for everything.
I've seen storage companies that use shipping containers but have heard that they are not ideal as they obviously get very hot, are not ventilated and not really suitable for longer term storage.
Anyone used this type of storage?
Or can reccommend a company in Liverpool or Shrewsbury/Stafford area?

Thx!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Storage reccommendations

does the shipping company you are using offer this service? It might be the easier option. My shipping company is arranging storage for me on the UK end.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Storage with the shipping company would be 115gbp per week with a 'warehouse fee' of 495gbp.
So I am looking at self-storage. There seems to be the traditional lock-up, ventilated, secure units or companies offering containers from only 30gbp per week. But I wonder how stuff stored in a container does with heat and no ventilation?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just using my shipping company.

Somebody on BE said shippers take it out of the container as that is needed again, I don't know if that's right though.

How are you going to get the stuff in and out of self-storage?
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The shippers will deliver it to the address of our choice including a self-storage and then when we need to move it out we'll rent a truck!

I know they take it out of the container. I have seen self-storage places that use containers so our stuff would be taken out of the container that it crosses the ocean in and then put into a new container.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallperson
The shippers will deliver it to the address of our choice including a self-storage and then when we need to move it out we'll rent a truck!

I know they take it out of the container. I have seen self-storage places that use containers so our stuff would be taken out of the container that it crosses the ocean in and then put into a new container.
Ah right.