Uk sixth form

Old Jan 27th 2020, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

MADPUPPIES2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk sixth form

Can anyone please help me with this problem. We are moving back to the Uk and my son will be going into sixth form . He has already completed grade 12 in Canada which equates to AS levels but will be taking additional exams mostly A levels when he returns. The college need the equivalent of the exams he’s taken into the Uk exams style which I know is AS levels but not sure how to prove this. Naric seem to want documentation when exams have been competed but as we are only halfway through the year this is not possible either. Do students wait until their results in June or is there another way of doing this . Any ideas please welcome.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk sixth form

Moving into A Levels, the school system in the UK will usually require expected grades to ensure you meet the requirements for whichever A Levels you are selecting. They then use your final results to either accept you onto the courses or work with you on options. You might, for example, not get sufficient grades and have to completely rethink, or you might be close and get an option to dual study a catch-up course while keeping your place on the A Level. At least that is how I remember it working. I'd imagine they'd take a progress report and letter of recommendations from the Canadian school - basically anything you can muster to show your child would be a suitable candidate for the A Level subjects.