UK sim for CRA login

Old Mar 19th 2024, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Investor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud of
Default UK sim for CRA login

In the process of moving back to the UK after 17 years in BC. I will need to logon to the CRA website after arriving in the UK which I cannot do without a UK phone number for the two-step verification. Can anyone tell me if I get a relative to send me an EE payg sim card will it allow me to know what the number is before I install it in my phone prior to landing. That way I will be able to update my profile with the new phone number before I leave. Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2024, 1:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK sim for CRA login

Originally Posted by Investor
In the process of moving back to the UK after 17 years in BC. I will need to logon to the CRA website after arriving in the UK which I cannot do without a UK phone number for the two-step verification. Can anyone tell me if I get a relative to send me an EE payg sim card will it allow me to know what the number is before I install it in my phone prior to landing. That way I will be able to update my profile with the new phone number before I leave. Thanks
What phone do you have? If it's new enough you can just get an eSIM online and set it up before you leave Canada, then switch between the two lines on your phone.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Investor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What phone do you have? If it's new enough you can just get an eSIM online and set it up before you leave Canada, then switch between the two lines on your phone.

Unfortunately my Samsung phone doesn't have eSIM capability although it is unlocked so that doesn't stop me from inserting any SIM card which I have done in various countries.
Old Mar 19th 2024, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

ShelleyR75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had a uk sim card (Lebara was the provider) sent to us in New Zealand. The allocated uk number was on the packet it came in (if that helps)
Old Mar 20th 2024, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShelleyR75
Hi

We had a uk sim card (Lebara was the provider) sent to us in New Zealand. The allocated uk number was on the packet it came in (if that helps)

Thanks Shelley. I haven't heard of Lebara but I will check it out.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a 3 mobile sim for an american friend who was visiting the EU (EU roaming was allowed prior to Brexit).
I had to register the SIM in the UK before I met him in Amsterdam.
I put the SIM into my UK phone and registered it that way.
HTH
Old Mar 20th 2024, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cyrian
I bought a 3 mobile sim for an american friend who was visiting the EU (EU roaming was allowed prior to Brexit).
I had to register the SIM in the UK before I met him in Amsterdam.
I put the SIM into my UK phone and registered it that way.
HTH
Thanks. Did you know the phone number of the SIM card before you inserted it in the phone and registered it? What I mean is was the number displayed in the packaging that the SIM card came in? I need to have the phone number before I leave Canada so that I can update my profiles.
Old Mar 24th 2024, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Investor
Thanks. Did you know the phone number of the SIM card before you inserted it in the phone and registered it? What I mean is was the number displayed in the packaging that the SIM card came in? I need to have the phone number before I leave Canada so that I can update my profiles.
Yes The number is on the card containing the SIM.
You will need to be in the UK to buy it or get a friend to buy it and send you the number.
Old Mar 24th 2024, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cyrian
Yes The number is on the card containing the SIM.
You will need to be in the UK to buy it or get a friend to buy it and send you the number.

That’s great, thanks Cyrian.
Old Mar 25th 2024, 2:29 am
Just Joined

gbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond reputegbart951 has a reputation beyond repute

The last time my wife and I visited the UK I ordered an EE Sim on Amazon.ca and activated it online when it arrived. If I remember correctly the phone number was on a card in the package.
Old Mar 25th 2024, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gbart951
The last time my wife and I visited the UK I ordered an EE Sim on Amazon.ca and activated it online when it arrived. If I remember correctly the phone number was on a card in the package.

I was going to buy an EE Sim from Amazon.ca but they weren’t selling them last time I looked so I’m getting a relative to send me one.