Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK PASSPORT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!!

UK PASSPORT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!!

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice
Default UK PASSPORT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!!

Happy to say that our passports have now been "dispatched" and will be arriving in Canada within 10 business days, we are leaving around that time, back to the UK to live, so hoping they get here before our travel day

Our passports didn't take as long as some people on here, I've read some horror stories, I really hope everyone gets sorted out asap. I'm actually surprised that we didn't have to attend an interview as this is my boys first UK passport and they were born outside the UK. I was a bit over the top with all the documents I sent in and also sent our Canadian passport to the UK, I'm guessing I did a good job and all was in order. Lucky me, I do feel lucky lately, maybe I'll go and buy a lottery ticket, I'm never lucky with those, maybe I will be now though!

Found a really nice furnished flat to rent initially, it's being held for me by the landlord until I can physically see it, the photos look promising and I'm counting down the days now to the start date of our new lives back in the UK. Bath is a beautiful city and although I'm a little scared about this new life I'm about to embark upon, I'm also really excited and am jumping in with both feet (and a couple of suitcases )

Still have the last of the furniture to sell and the car, which hopefully will happen in these last two weeks that I am here for.

Hoping everyone is well and happy too. keep smiling.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK PASSPORT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED!!

Thats wonderful news! Good luck with your move!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

Thanks so much. You seem to be enjoying your new life back in the UK, so happy for you.

I have found my old NIN and have a bank account set up, I don't have my old NHS number but I did call to ask about it and they said they have it but don't give it to me over the phone or by mail, I just have to go and register with a local GP and they will be able to get it for me. I think you said you had yours still or did you? I had to give them my old Dr's name etc and where I previously lived in the Uk and they said "ah, there you are, found you!" lol. But I want the numb and they said no. lol.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:43 pm
Banned

r0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud ofr0briley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
Happy to say that our passports have now been "dispatched" and will be arriving in Canada within 10 business days, we are leaving around that time, back to the UK to live, so hoping they get here before our travel day

Our passports didn't take as long as some people on here, I've read some horror stories, I really hope everyone gets sorted out asap. I'm actually surprised that we didn't have to attend an interview as this is my boys first UK passport and they were born outside the UK. I was a bit over the top with all the documents I sent in and also sent our Canadian passport to the UK, I'm guessing I did a good job and all was in order. Lucky me, I do feel lucky lately, maybe I'll go and buy a lottery ticket, I'm never lucky with those, maybe I will be now though!

Found a really nice furnished flat to rent initially, it's being held for me by the landlord until I can physically see it, the photos look promising and I'm counting down the days now to the start date of our new lives back in the UK. Bath is a beautiful city and although I'm a little scared about this new life I'm about to embark upon, I'm also really excited and am jumping in with both feet (and a couple of suitcases )

Still have the last of the furniture to sell and the car, which hopefully will happen in these last two weeks that I am here for.

Hoping everyone is well and happy too. keep smiling.
Great news-I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they arrive before your flight. I've been sitting home all day waiting for UPS to deliver my sons British birth certificate (he already has a US passport and because of the horror stories I was hearing re. waiting times for British passports I decided to go this route instead) Anyway UPS were supposed to deliver between 10:30am and 2pm and I'm still waiting-getting nervous!!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by r0briley
Great news-I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they arrive before your flight. I've been sitting home all day waiting for UPS to deliver my sons British birth certificate (he already has a US passport and because of the horror stories I was hearing re. waiting times for British passports I decided to go this route instead) Anyway UPS were supposed to deliver between 10:30am and 2pm and I'm still waiting-getting nervous!!
Thanks rObriley.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for it. I'm waiting for all our birth certificates to be sent back by the UK passport office too now. I think I'll be camping outside my front door for the next two weeks so I don't miss all these packages! They said they are sending my passport and my two sons all separately, so that's 3 packages, plus our supporting documents which get sent separately from the passports. These they say they are sending in two packages, one with my and my eldest sons' documents,and one with my younger sons'. So.....all in all I am waiting for 5 packages and oh yes, another package that they have sent all our Canadian passports back in, so 6 packages! lol.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:01 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewing a UK passport from abroad

For me the wait goes on.....

OK, I only sent it about four weeks ago but I can't remember my online log in details. I've sent a query form hoping they can tell me of it's progress. No huge rush but I'd still like it renewed and returned to me in New Zealand.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
Thanks so much. You seem to be enjoying your new life back in the UK, so happy for you.

I have found my old NIN and have a bank account set up, I don't have my old NHS number but I did call to ask about it and they said they have it but don't give it to me over the phone or by mail, I just have to go and register with a local GP and they will be able to get it for me. I think you said you had yours still or did you? I had to give them my old Dr's name etc and where I previously lived in the Uk and they said "ah, there you are, found you!" lol. But I want the numb and they said no. lol.
Yes I had my NHS number, my Mum had actually got it for me from the doctors office. It should be easy enough for you to get just go in and tell them you want to register but have forgotten it. They will get it to you. So far I have found everything to be very easy to set and have not run into the problems that others have mentioned. Hope it will be the same for you
Old Jun 4th 2014, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Yes I had my NHS number, my Mum had actually got it for me from the doctors office. It should be easy enough for you to get just go in and tell them you want to register but have forgotten it. They will get it to you. So far I have found everything to be very easy to set and have not run into the problems that others have mentioned. Hope it will be the same for you
Thanks, I'm sure I'll get it when I register at a new surgery then. My boys will need a number as they've never had one before, but I'm sure it won't be a problem, hope not anyway

BTW, I'm so happy, our new Passports just arrived from the UK!!!, sooooooo excited. We are very lucky. Feeling blessed.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Our applications should be arriving in Durham tomorrow morning according to FedEx - hopefully they won't take too long. Luckily we aren't booking tickets till they are in our grubby little paws (and we have our Canadian passports back too...)

SO excited for you! Keep us posted, we want ALL the details! Where are you flying out of if you don't mind me asking... and with which company? I was thinking when we go of sending the dog via Air Canada ahead of time, then taking me and my Littles over via Iceland Air (cheaper per person) - my Hunny will go standby way ahead of us via Air Canada. Are you bringing pets (I can't remember)

Blessings!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Our applications should be arriving in Durham tomorrow morning according to FedEx - hopefully they won't take too long. Luckily we aren't booking tickets till they are in our grubby little paws (and we have our Canadian passports back too...)

SO excited for you! Keep us posted, we want ALL the details! Where are you flying out of if you don't mind me asking... and with which company? I was thinking when we go of sending the dog via Air Canada ahead of time, then taking me and my Littles over via Iceland Air (cheaper per person) - my Hunny will go standby way ahead of us via Air Canada. Are you bringing pets (I can't remember)

Blessings!
Thanks for your message "poundhopper2014, I hope you don't have to wait too long for your passports to be processed, are they renewals or first passports? Renewals are faster I do believe.

We are flying out of Toronto (Pearson) with Air Transat. We booked through Canadian Affair, they were the cheapest we found and they only fly between the UK and Canada. We don't have any pets (just the teenagers, kind of like pets

Where are you moving back to? We are moving to Bath, Somerset.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
For me the wait goes on.....

OK, I only sent it about four weeks ago but I can't remember my online log in details. I've sent a query form hoping they can tell me of it's progress. No huge rush but I'd still like it renewed and returned to me in New Zealand.

I hope yours doesn't take too long now, our turnaround wasn't bad at all really considering it's a busy time of year and two of ours were first time applications. They received our applications on the 23rd of April and the new passports were in my hand yesterday, 3rd June.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

I'm in Ontario, but I'll probably be flying out of Halifax by the end of all this (will be staying with friends for a time before pond hopping) We don't know where we'll be moving to in the UK (it'll depend on where the job is... which my Hunny still needs to get, LOL!) Ours are all first passports, though my husband had one to come over here to Canada as a child and used one as a teen, it's lost to history now... old blue. SO, it's all first times. Hopefully not tooooo long, but I'm getting nervous reading some threads on the other board.

Yes, teens are like pets. We're rehoming ours. LOL! No, they're heading off to college... We'll be just us and the two smaller children (11 & 9) and the dog. Hopefully all smooth. I'd do almost ANYTHING to move to Bath!!! Lucky you!!!! Gonna go check out that air transat... thanks!
Blessings!

Last edited by pondhopper2014; Jun 5th 2014 at 1:10 am. Reason: typo.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:58 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

My online query has been replied to by them asking for my home address where I live overseas and my d.o.b. I thought giving them the reference number of the application was enough.

Anyway, they now have the information they asked for.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
I'm in Ontario, but I'll probably be flying out of Halifax by the end of all this (will be staying with friends for a time before pond hopping) We don't know where we'll be moving to in the UK (it'll depend on where the job is... which my Hunny still needs to get, LOL!) Ours are all first passports, though my husband had one to come over here to Canada as a child and used one as a teen, it's lost to history now... old blue. SO, it's all first times. Hopefully not tooooo long, but I'm getting nervous reading some threads on the other board.

Yes, teens are like pets. We're rehoming ours. LOL! No, they're heading off to college... We'll be just us and the two smaller children (11 & 9) and the dog. Hopefully all smooth. I'd do almost ANYTHING to move to Bath!!! Lucky you!!!! Gonna go check out that air transat... thanks!
Blessings!
We were lucky to have out passports all done with 5 to 6 weeks, all new ones too, mine was the old blue one as well. For first time passports under 6 weeks was really fast, judging by all the horror stories on the other posts on here, I really feel bad for those people who have had to change travel plans and stuff. That really sucks. Mine was from the Durham office, I think they are quicker than the Liverpool office, sounds like, it also depends where you are in the world. Canada seems to be a country where the UK passports get issued faster, being part of the Commonwealth helps I'm sure.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Probably doesn't hurt! Ours are a pretty clear case too, I mean, my Hunny IS a Brit by birth, no saying no to him... and the kids and I are all by descent and we did ALL the paperwork and included ALL the documentation. We also put it all in ONE envelope so hopefully they will see we are a package unit. Hope that will help. I do admit to feeling a bit trapped now, as we've sent our Canadian passports along with the applications to hopefully speed things on their way (since they had the caveat that if we just sent a colour copy of all pages, they could STILL ask for the originals... thought we'd save them the trouble. But it means no shoppin' in the states for the summer. Boo!

Looking forward to hearing your travel story soon!!!