Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK mobile contract needs a home

UK mobile contract needs a home

Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Emzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK mobile contract needs a home

My poor mobile contract is about to be deserted as I move from UK to Oz. If you can provide a good home, please shout. It's an Orange contract with 11 months remaining.

£25 a month (mates rates reduced from £35 )
600 minutes any network any time
Unlimited free texts
Unlimited free internet
You can keep your existing mobile number

Orange are happy to make the switch.

Please, please shout if you know anyone that may be interested?

BIG thanks

Emily
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:41 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK mobile contract needs a home

does the contract come with a phone, and when are you leaving for oz
Old Sep 16th 2011, 4:55 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has just moved to Dubai to live with us this year.

She left her Vodaphone contract (£35 pcm) in UK which runs out in May. She managed to negotiate an £80 cancellation fee rather than pay 335 pcm (total £315) up to May.

Perhaps if you explain your situation they may do the same?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trevski
does the contract come with a phone, and when are you leaving for oz
Hello

It's the contract that's up for grabs, not a handset. It's possible to use any phone with the contract if that helps. I'm leaving for Australia very soon, on 20th September, so the contract is available any time from now. The switch just involves a quick phone call to Orange so could happen when I'm already in Australia.

Please shout if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Emily
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
My daughter has just moved to Dubai to live with us this year.

She left her Vodaphone contract (£35 pcm) in UK which runs out in May. She managed to negotiate an £80 cancellation fee rather than pay 335 pcm (total £315) up to May.

Perhaps if you explain your situation they may do the same?
Thanks for the help. Glad to hear she was able to do that. Unfortunately Orange don't seem as keen to negotiate. Any tips on what your daughter said to get Vodafone to help her out? I've been with Orange for 14 years so it seems a little harsh of them not to.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:07 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emzi
Thanks for the help. Glad to hear she was able to do that. Unfortunately Orange don't seem as keen to negotiate. Any tips on what your daughter said to get Vodafone to help her out? I've been with Orange for 14 years so it seems a little harsh of them not to.
Simply explained the situation to them (moved away unexpectedly and not in the country to use the mobile service). Asked them to be understanding about it and reach a compromise.

They did (£80) and asked for the phone back. However the phone is now in Dubai with her. They said no problem she can keep it.
Sounds like Vodaphone have a more common sense approach and realise this will create a potential future happy customer when she returns to the UK.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Seems to vary depending on who you speak too.
I had Vodaphone when I moved to the US awhile ago and had I think 10-11 months on a 18month contract.
They wouldn't let me off no how!
I did get it reduced to the minimum payment and left the phone with my mum :-)
Old Sep 17th 2011, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

inaquandry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emzi
My poor mobile contract is about to be deserted as I move from UK to Oz. If you can provide a good home, please shout. It's an Orange contract with 11 months remaining.

£25 a month (mates rates reduced from £35 )
600 minutes any network any time
Unlimited free texts
Unlimited free internet
You can keep your existing mobile number

Orange are happy to make the switch.

Please, please shout if you know anyone that may be interested?

BIG thanks

Emily
Hi Emily
I've sent you a PM. Thanks
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:03 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how this would work, as I'm in UK setting up son for Uni and were told by Orange that son would not pass credit check for contract as he has only just arrived in UK. Even monthly contract for SIM is proving problematic. So unsure you would be able to transfer contract to recent repat.

However wish you the best with your move to Aus, and thanks for thinking of those returning.