UK Job offers

Old Oct 10th 2016, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

ArabellaTurner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Job offers

Hello there,

My husband and I are looking at going down the route of moving back to the UK using my earnings here in Australia (over 18,600 pa) and me having a job offer back in the UK.

Is there any requirement for me to take up said job once back in the country? If my old employer or a friend with a business were able to write me a letter of offer (but it wasn't intended that I work there), would that work?

I realise it's perhaps a bit dodgy, but given the rules are so hard I'm exploring all options!

Alternatively, I'd be interested to hear any stories of anyone who's successfully got a job back in the UK applying from abroad. Especially if you just had Skype interviews and didn't have to fly back for interviews in person.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Job offers

You would have to produce a letter of employment, and employment contract with all details of the job on company headed paper.

The authorities will contact the company to check the authenticity of the job.

Yes, you don't have to start the job once you get into the UK. It's duplicitous not dodgy.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

So even if the job offer was from a friend or ex-employer and it was never intended for me to start the job, that would technically be ok?

What if the job was only for a certain amount of time? I think my previous employer gave me a six month contract and I assume there was an end date on it.

It's quite common here in Australia to get a six or 12 month contract with an end date on it. If I had such a contract in the UK, would that satisfy the requirements?
Old Oct 11th 2016, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If the job was only "on paper" in order to get you a visa, then that "technically" would be fraud. I could not imagine it could be called OK as you would be gaining a visa by fraudulent means.

A genuine job with a contract of 6 or 12 months would be fine.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If the job was only "on paper" in order to get you a visa, then that "technically" would be fraud. I could not imagine it could be called OK as you would be gaining a visa by fraudulent means.

A genuine job with a contract of 6 or 12 months would be fine.
Is there any minimum on how long a short term contract could be? I used to work for a summer school which would be earning over the threshold but the job only goes for 6 or 7 weeks.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ArabellaTurner
Is there any minimum on how long a short term contract could be? I used to work for a summer school which would be earning over the threshold but the job only goes for 6 or 7 weeks.
No there is not a minimum contract time stated.

However, if you want the ECO's to take your application seriously, then having work for only 6 to 7 weeks is hardly going to convince them you have resources to support you while living in the UK.

6 months would be more suitable.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

We also have savings of around 30,000GBP so that might help..?

I'm just trying to find a way of getting into the UK without having to take annual leave to fly there and have job interviews and then fly back to Australia to pack up my life which seems inefficient, time consuming and expensive.

I'm earning over the threshold currently. We have savings to set ourselves up but still they make it ridiculously hard with their stupid stipulations about having a job offer and it pisses me off.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 11:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We also have savings of around 30,000GBP so that might help..?

I'm just trying to find a way of getting into the UK without having to take annual leave to fly there and have job interviews and then fly back to Australia to pack up my life which seems inefficient, time consuming and expensive.

I'm earning over the threshold currently. We have savings to set ourselves up but still they make it ridiculously hard with their stupid stipulations about having a job offer and it pisses me off.
Assuming the 30K GBP is liquid and has been so for at least 6 months then, yes, that might help.

It would reduce the minimum annual salary for a genuinely offered job starting within 3 months of your return from 18,600 to 13,000 GBP.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Oct 12th 2016, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
I've already seen this, thanks.
Old Oct 17th 2016, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Slalomdude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

My husband and I are looking at going down the route of moving back to the UK using my earnings here in Australia (over 18,600 pa) and me having a job offer back in the UK.

Is there any requirement for me to take up said job once back in the country? If my old employer or a friend with a business were able to write me a letter of offer (but it wasn't intended that I work there), would that work?

I realise it's perhaps a bit dodgy, but given the rules are so hard I'm exploring all options!

Alternatively, I'd be interested to hear any stories of anyone who's successfully got a job back in the UK applying from abroad. Especially if you just had Skype interviews and didn't have to fly back for interviews in person.
What am I missing here? As you do not mention otherwise, I assume as you are moving back, you are both British Citizens. Why wouldn't you be able to move back ?
Old Oct 17th 2016, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slalomdude
What am I missing here? As you do not mention otherwise, I assume as you are moving back, you are both British Citizens. Why wouldn't you be able to move back ?
Why do you assume they're both British citizens? I would assume that the OP is, but that her husband isn't, so she needs to sponsor him for a visa (hence the questions about job, salary etc).
Old Oct 18th 2016, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering the same thing myself to be honest, from the thread's "wanting to move back to the UK" it had me a bit confused (some would say that's not hard lol)
Old Oct 19th 2016, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I was wondering the same thing myself to be honest, from the thread's "wanting to move back to the UK" it had me a bit confused (some would say that's not hard lol)
Because the OP is asking about the spouse visa threshold (£18600) rather than just Brits moving back. One requires a visa and that complicates things
Old Oct 19th 2016, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Op has several threads running and her husband is either Aussie or NZ and needs a visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.