uk info

Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future
Default uk info

MY HUSBAND IS RETIRING SOON. WE ARE THINKING OF RETURNING TO THE UK. what are we intialed to.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:30 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk info

Originally Posted by kath58
MY HUSBAND IS RETIRING SOON. WE ARE THINKING OF RETURNING TO THE UK. what are we intialed to.
Presuming you mean 'entitled' then being allowed to live in the UK, assuming you are British.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

I am a British Citizen. I have kept up with my social security payment. I pay taxes to them annually before the 5 April.
My husband is a USA Citizen. He thinks i would be better off in the UK in the long run.
How do i go about finding about returning. As i dont really know if its a good thing or bad.

Thanks,
Kath58.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 2:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Your Dh can collect his SSI in the UK and so can you. You may want to get your US citizenship first so you can freely move back and forth if it's ever needed.
Make a cuppa and have a sit down and read the Moving back 50's and 60's (could take a few days)thread, lots of stuff covered there and also one lady who is a USC is moving back with her Dh who is a UKC.