Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK Health and Safety gone mad again!

UK Health and Safety gone mad again!

Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Health and Safety gone mad again!

Originally Posted by MsElui
not being funny- but every pool ive visited in the US has had signs similar to that. I cant take my 3 kids on my own full stop.
I've had the same experience in the US. Not in every pool, but then it doesn't happen in every pool in the UK either.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
My daughter e mailed me yesterday moaning that she couldn't even take her kids swimming (5, 3 and 2 yr olds) I assumed this was yet another excuse to con money out of me because she's always broke! But oh no, here's a bit from the local pools website......

ALL CHILDREN UNDER 8 YEARS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT 16 YEARS AND ABOVE.
Children under 5's must be accompanied on a ratio of 1 adult to 1 child.
Children between the age's of 5 - 8 must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.

So all her friends have young children and any spare adults without kids are at work! I feel so sorry for the kids all 3 can swim and love it.
Government, run amok. Bloody lefties.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Government, run amok. Bloody lefties.

Reg. Frank R.
Crackpot Coalitionists.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Crackpot Coalitionists.
Up the Revolution. Down with the Birkenstocks.

What was that Brit show, very funny. He was Che Guevera character in Balham, Clapham or Tooting?

I remember the famous, Brent Town Hall Christmas Party Poster, Man & Woman dancing was not acceptable. Anyone remember that one.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

What was that Brit show, very funny. He was Che Guevera character in Balham, Clapham or Tooting?

I remember the famous, Brent Town Hall Christmas Party Poster, Man & Waman dancing was not exceptable. Anyone remember that one.

Reg. Frank R.
Citizen Smith "Your name's going in the book."
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sally, thanks for putting me out of my misery. I was just Googling, like crazy.

Bloody brill show, loved it. Only the Brits can do that stuff.

Frank
Old Aug 19th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Up the Tooting Popular Front
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Up the Tooting Popular Front
Hi Tracey!

Yep, thats the one. He had a GF or wife, who was the bounce off, very funny.

Whoops, Frank Spencer, just popped in my head "Betty". Him running (Or was he on skates) after the bus, grabbing the handle, could not get on.

Back to "Up the revoltion"

reg. Frank R.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:50 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter e mailed me yesterday moaning that she couldn't even take her kids swimming (5, 3 and 2 yr olds) I assumed this was yet another excuse to con money out of me because she's always broke! But oh no, here's a bit from the local pools website......

Children between the age's of 5 - 8 must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.

So all her friends have young children and any spare adults without kids are at work! I feel so sorry for the kids all 3 can swim and love it.
Yep, the land of 'elf and safety' is what they call it here! (makes me sick)
The saying is at the moment, that nobody can do anything because of 'elf and safety' and nobody knows anything because of the 'data protection act'! oh you gotta love it.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the famous, Brent Town Hall Christmas Party Poster, Man & Woman dancing was not acceptable. Anyone remember that one.

Reg. Frank R.
Power to the people!!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Yep, the land of 'elf and safety' is what they call it here! (makes me sick)
The saying is at the moment, that nobody can do anything because of 'elf and safety' and nobody knows anything because of the 'data protection act'! oh you gotta love it.
Are you thinking it's different in California? You need liability insurance to blow your nose.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:31 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Is it true that England really was a Free Country one time, a long, long time ago?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ironporer
Is it true that England really was a Free Country one time, a long, long time ago?
That was Tatooine.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:41 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of when Michael Kennedy and Sonny Bono dies in ski accidents within weeks of each other- due to impact with trees. There was an immediate call by politicos and on CNN and the other state controlled media to mandate helmet usage by skieers...even though only 20 or 30 (?) people died of such traumatic cranial injuries per year...and helmet usage would save 1/2 of them.

Dr. Dean Edell (a radio talk show MD) raised the question of why helmets are not required by people occupying a car- where 20,000 (?) or so die every year of traumatic cranial injuries and maybe 10,000
people/year would be saved.

Great question, unless you understand politics- it's not about accomplishing something tangible- reality (saving people)... but the perception of reality.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark
Brill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.