UK Employment

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:56 am
Homesick....

Aqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant future
Default UK Employment

Hi Everyone.. this site is very informative..

So i have a question or two in regards to moving back to the U.K from a stint in Australia (yep im british, born and partly raised in England, have a British Passport and the right to abode there) Now that is sorted LOL.

Im wanting to come back to the U.K no date specified yet, within the next two years im hoping. So not sure where to live yet. I moved to Oz from Burton in Dorset, but have no idea where to move to now.

I was wondering what the job prospects are like.. how is easy would it be for somone with I.T skills (tester) and or Customer Service related skills who is 26 (but when back will be 27/28) to get a job?

When i move back how long do i have to wait to sign on the dole queue, to tie me over until i get a job (remembering i am a uk citizen).

What would be my chances of getting credit card, loan? Or would i have to wait until i had been employed for a year or so.

I left the U.K when i was 14 (thanks mum! LOL) So i have no idea about a lot of things...mum does, but as i she doesn't know what current up to date info is.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated