UK Education for over 60s

Old May 30th 2014, 5:17 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Education for over 60s

Originally Posted by tribec
I missed a flight - so I just did this one last week - On Sunday I left Calgary to Salt Lake City (then missed connection. Thank you United), then to Denver then to Portland then to Atlanta (Red eye) then to Austin then to Edinburgh (South Texas).

Had a one hour meeting.

Flew to Dallas then to Calgary. Monday night I slept quite well.
I can't quite match that but I subsequently drive 12 hours to Orlando (where I am now), drive 12 hrs back on Saturday, then three flights back to Glasgow.

I love travel but I also loathe it.
Old May 30th 2014, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

Of course if they vote for independence in September, all bets are off as far as free student fees are concerned. They'll be too broke to afford it, within 5 years of independence, IMO.
Scotland's 1st Minister: We would like to come back please.

Chancellor of the Exchequer: You joined us before when you were virtually bankrupt and now you are in the same place again?

Scotland's 1st Minister: Yes, but we really want to come back.

Chancellor of the Exchequer looks across at the Labour shadow cabinet: We will need to hold a referendum
Old May 30th 2014, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No worries - I think it was PerthHomeSchool who put me onto them.
Yep, that would be me! Windsong, they are highly regarded. Courses are from various academic institutions, as well as other organisations. I just took a fabulous course from MOMA (Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York) called Art and Activity. Good thing about them is that you can purchase an optional certificate to show employers you took and passed the course. Highly recommend them all around.
Old May 31st 2014, 12:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Yep, that would be me! Windsong, they are highly regarded. Courses are from various academic institutions, as well as other organisations. I just took a fabulous course from MOMA (Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York) called Art and Activity. Good thing about them is that you can purchase an optional certificate to show employers you took and passed the course. Highly recommend them all around.

My friends are eternally grateful to you M, especially the one working in Cambodia.
Old May 31st 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

My friends are eternally grateful to you M, especially the one working in Cambodia.
Glad you reminded me about her. When DD has completes her masters degree in nursing (and will have had 2 years nursing experience) she wants to investigate nursing overseas, with a view to eventually volunteering with Doctors Without Borders. I'll be hitting you up for info when the time comes!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 11:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Glad you reminded me about her. When DD has completes her masters degree in nursing (and will have had 2 years nursing experience) she wants to investigate nursing overseas, with a view to eventually volunteering with Doctors Without Borders. I'll be hitting you up for info when the time comes!
No worries Would also suggest that DD makes contact with her through her blog, MSF recruitment is quite rigorous and it never hurts to have a contact with prior experience!
Old Jun 1st 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

No worries Would also suggest that DD makes contact with her through her blog, MSF recruitment is quite rigorous and it never hurts to have a contact with prior experience!
Had to go back and check my messages to see if I still had the link! I do and will pass that on to her again. Thanks!