Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK Drivers License. Is this correct?

UK Drivers License. Is this correct?

Old May 2nd 2015, 11:21 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Drivers License. Is this correct?

Originally Posted by holly_1948
People have been through this before. The problem is that when they introduced the scheme to use passport photos it was, for a time, limited to British passports that were not issued overseas.
I suspect you will end up having to go to a main post office to have your photo taken. Which is no big deal, you can drive on your foreign licence while it all works its way through the system. The only wrinkle is that some, but not all, insurance companies may blink. Perhaps you don't need insurance immediately if you are using a car you don't own.
No, I just got (March 2015) my passport in the UK, at the Peterborough office.

One weird glitch with my online application was that the system didn't want to recognise either my new address, or my former address. For the new address, I've come across the problem with everything I've tried to sign up for, electricity bill, telephone etc. System says there's no such house number on that street. As for my old, pre 1991, address, I know the building I lived in is still there, but either it has been renamed or it has been given its own new postcode - either way, the DVLA swore the address does not compute, even though they obviously sent me my licence at that address in 1983...
Old May 2nd 2015, 11:44 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the 'UK DRIVING' License, getting a new 'look' now? i was told in 2015, it's going to feature the union jack on it etc.

Anyone confirm this?
Old May 3rd 2015, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
No, I just got (March 2015) my passport in the UK, at the Peterborough office.

One weird glitch with my online application was that the system didn't want to recognise either my new address, or my former address. For the new address, I've come across the problem with everything I've tried to sign up for, electricity bill, telephone etc. System says there's no such house number on that street. As for my old, pre 1991, address, I know the building I lived in is still there, but either it has been renamed or it has been given its own new postcode - either way, the DVLA swore the address does not compute, even though they obviously sent me my licence at that address in 1983...
I don't have an answer for the address glitch, but have come up against it over the years with various companies/gubmint departments and online services . The systems seem to get upset when one can't provide a street name & number, only a building name . In spite of said companies/gubmint departments managing to send mail to "Frogsprocket House, Village-on-Wiffle"...