Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK citizen moving back to UK with Canadian company

UK citizen moving back to UK with Canadian company

Old Mar 10th 2023, 8:47 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 1
Luna446 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK citizen moving back to UK with Canadian company

I'm a dual UK and Canadian citizen but for the purposes of the following question I believe the important part is the UK citizenship. I have a UK passport and NI number from before I emigrated. For the past several years I've been working in Canada and now we want to return to the UK for family reasons. The company I work for is Canadian and does not have a UK presence but I'd like to propose to them I can work from the UK. Assuming that's not a total non starter - what specific requirements does this raise for both me as the employee and them as an employer? From a tax, benefits, and perhaps WSIB perspective I suppose would be the main issues. I've seen variations of this question but I'm not clear. Usually the person asking needs a visa which I wouldn't. Help please! Want to raise this idea having done some due diligence first.
Luna446 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.