UK citizen Filipino GF

Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

dave1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK citizen Filipino GF

Hi there everyone,

My names Dave and I'm 34 from the UK.

I have been working on and off in the Philippines for over a year now and met my beautiful girlfriend 6 months ago in Manila.
We both have children from previous relationships and i wish her to join me in th UK.
I am back over there next week again and wanted some good advice before i say what i have to say.
We have never spoke about this but i think the time is right for this.
My question is simple !
Can she join me in UK ?
How do i go about it the simplest way ? is it easier to marry her there? or apply for visa without?
I haven't researched this at all so forgive me for asking such a ball park question but found this site which looks good and could provide me some brilliant advice for me.

Thank to you all in advance

Dave
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK citizen Filipino GF

Originally Posted by dave1978
Hi there everyone,

My names Dave and I'm 34 from the UK.

I have been working on and off in the Philippines for over a year now and met my beautiful girlfriend 6 months ago in Manila.
We both have children from previous relationships and i wish her to join me in th UK.
I am back over there next week again and wanted some good advice before i say what i have to say.
We have never spoke about this but i think the time is right for this.
My question is simple !
Can she join me in UK ?
How do i go about it the simplest way ? is it easier to marry her there? or apply for visa without?
I haven't researched this at all so forgive me for asking such a ball park question but found this site which looks good and could provide me some brilliant advice for me.

Thank to you all in advance

Dave
Hello Dave...welcome to BE.

I suggest you take a look through the threads in the Moving Back To The UK Forum. The rules for non British spouses who wish to move to the UK have changed recently...so this subject has been discussed in several threads.

Many of the people who post in the MBTTUK forums have non British spouses that have moved or hope to move to the UK. Therefore if you have any questions please post them in that forum...I think you will find you will get a much better response that you will in this forum.

Good luck.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi thats great thanks for the information.

can i move this thread to that forum or start a new one?

Much appreciate your help

Dave
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thats great thanks for the information.

can i move this thread to that forum or start a new one?

Much appreciate your help

Dave
I will move it for you.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Sep 12th 2012, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
You will need to sponsor her and her dependent children for a spouse visa.

Start here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...izens-settled/

You will need to show that you have the financial requirements to support her and the children. You will need a minimum salary per annum of 18,600 UKP plus additional sums for the children. If you do not earn this you will need to make up the difference, plus have additional savings.

The financial requirements are shown here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Ok that's great I will take a look at the link thank you!
Am I right in saying this way there's no need to marry in philippines?

Dave
Old Sep 13th 2012, 12:28 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Before you become concerned with bringing her to the UK, you need to make sure any previous Philippine marriages of hers have been terminated. Divorce per se (as we in the western world know it) does not exist in the Philippines. Previous marriages must be annulled. The process is expensive and time consuming.

There's a brief description in this Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce...ound_the_world
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Before you become concerned with bringing her to the UK, you need to make sure any previous Philippine marriages of hers have been terminated. Divorce per se (as we in the western world know it) does not exist in the Philippines. Previous marriages must be annulled. The process is expensive and time consuming.

There's a brief description in this Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce...ound_the_world
Crikey ...... that's something to watch out for
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok that's great I will take a look at the link thank you!
Am I right in saying this way there's no need to marry in philippines?

Dave
Sorry, don't know what you mean by 'need' to marry in the Phillipines?

You could marry in the Phillipines -and then apply for the spouse visa for her to travel to the UK.

You could apply for a fiancee visa for her to be able to travel to the UK and then marry in the UK.

There are various options which are covered in the link I gave you.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Ok thanks very much I will take a llok later today when I have time

Thank u
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Ok, that information is great thank you very much !

1question would i have issues and problems with visa to leave the philippines ? or would UK visa to enter the country be enough to leave the border?

Thank everyone
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:36 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that information is great thank you very much !

1question would i have issues and problems with visa to leave the philippines ? or would UK visa to enter the country be enough to leave the border?

Thank everyone
She doesn't need a visa to leave her country. She needs a visa to get into yours.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
She doesn't need a visa to leave her country. She needs a visa to get into yours.
In the Philippines you do !
Old Sep 14th 2012, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
In the Philippines you do !
Good heavens ..... learnt something new again about the Philippines !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.