UK Banks

Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Banks

anyone know much about UK.I/we recieved an email from 2 banks (within an hour of each other) in my home town.
Here is one email

Dear xxxxxxxxx Bank customer,

xxxxxxxxxx Bank Customer Service requests you to complete Online Banking Customer Form.

This procedure is obligatory for all internet banking users of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Bank.

Please click hyperlink below to access Online Banking Customer Form.

The other one said basically the same these are 2 different BIG banks in the UK that I have never had an acct with I asked my wife and she said she has no acct with them but starting to wonder what's going on
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:13 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Banks

Sounds like spam. Ignore or call then if you want to be sure.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Cjvolitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats internet fraud my friend they want to get pesonal info from u so they can steal your online identity or worse . The banks have nothing to do with it just incedious people from some hole some where trying to make a living stealing from people.
Call the bank an report it i'm shure they will be glad for the info that some one is useing their name to conduct fraud!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:14 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We get on average ten of these stupid spam emails a day for NW Bank and others. Delete them, they're only after your details.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

the more I thought about it the more that's what I figured,thanks for the replies cheers
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:48 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I have had 2 different similar emails to this over the last week. One supposedly from my new UK bank Lloyds TSB and the other from Nationwide who i have never had any dealings with. Both were trying to get my bank details. I rang my bank and was told they are fraudsters trying to access my account. NEVER ever type in your details to one of these emails.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Another one to watch out for - at the end of the tax year last year there were spam emails sent out purporting to be from the Inland Revenue saying you are due a refund. Click on the link in the email and you get through to a near-perfect Inland Revenue home page (fake) asking you to enter your national insurance number and other personal deatils.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Phishing... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

Most banks request that phishing emails are forwarded directly to them to give the bank a chance to track them electronically and hopefully prosecute...
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:19 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

another two to watch out for are E-bay and internet shopping places (amazon etc)asking for paypal details.