Tv's bought abroad

Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Dkmarb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tv's bought abroad

I am sure this question has been asked before, but here goes.
I bought 3 tv's while living in Colombia. I am moving to the UK.
They are all digital (plasma and LCD) and less than 1 year old. I will be using satellite or cable in the UK (sky) Will they work even if I get the transformer for the 110 to 220 volts? Shipping is not a problem.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tv's bought abroad

Your televisions may be dual voltage (mine was), so for me no need for a transformer. This has indeed been asked, answered and argued. All I can say is, I use a Freeview box and my US tv works fine and has for 3+ years now. Others have done fine with Sky.

I have been told that some brands/models won't work. Plasma televisions do get hot, so not sure how they would do on a transformer.

Some folks have said they won't work no matter what. Mine does and the picture is actually better than it was in the US. High def is crystal clear, and the tv is only a cheap Vizio. Check the tv for voltage, and ask the manufacturer.