Wikiposts

try somewhere new?

Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

tuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nice
Default try somewhere new?

Hi all,
we are wondering what to do. We are returning home in 2wk and don't know where the hell we are going Part of us wants to go back to what we know but we would also like to go somewhere new.
Can we have some stories please
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: try somewhere new?

Variety is the spice of life - there is so much of UK that is beautiful and exciting, I'd say the world is your oyster. Where did you come from originally?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

tuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nice

Originally Posted by quoll
Variety is the spice of life - there is so much of UK that is beautiful and exciting, I'd say the world is your oyster. Where did you come from originally?

Worthing, sussex - south coast, 10miles from Brighton. We like it there but feels a little stale now and it is very expenive to live there. I have family that live in Buckinghamshire so i did think of looking near that, possibly Leamington Spa, everyone says it is expensive there but it is a hell of alot cheaper than worthing
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:37 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

We were intending to try the Devon coast, but when we visited it just didn't feel right. Lovely, no problem, but not quite right, and so many retirees. Okay, so we're in our 60s, but we're not "old" yet!

Seriously, I think there is a difference between those of us who were young in the 1960s, the leading edge boomers, and those 10 years older, born during or before the war etc etc.

So now we're off to Whitby -- assuming we can get a rental there. It's slim pickings at the moment. We like the north, and it's as beautiful there in many ways. Most of our friends are northerners, as am I, and some live close to Whitby, but it's just more trying to find a place that had the right vibe for us.

We don't have kids, or work that needs any particular location, though, so it's easy for us to live with a mistake. We're mostly in this for the adventure before age creeps up and nabs us.

Bev
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuppins
Hi all,
we are wondering what to do. We are returning home in 2wk and don't know where the hell we are going Part of us wants to go back to what we know but we would also like to go somewhere new.
Can we have some stories please
I've had enough of new...give me familiar faces and places...at least for a while.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

If I had the chance to return I would like to live in one of the outskirt villages of York which would give me the choice of York or Leeds for work. Im originally from Hull and thats where all my family and friends are so it would only be an hour away.

I dont think I would go back to live in Hull again but would definately want to be close to it.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:18 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Worthing, sussex - south coast, 10miles from Brighton. We like it there but feels a little stale now and it is very expenive to live there. I have family that live in Buckinghamshire so i did think of looking near that, possibly Leamington Spa, everyone says it is expensive there but it is a hell of alot cheaper than worthing
Gods Waiting Room - apart from the re-vamped Broadwater pub, and a few more young people, nothing much has changed from when I left!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dingbat
Gods Waiting Room - apart from the re-vamped Broadwater pub, and a few more young people, nothing much has changed from when I left!

How long have you been away? I think that Worthing is OK, has a good town centre - all the staples: M&S, Topshop, Boots, Debenhams, BHS, would say woolworths but that's gone TK Max, Monsoon, Accessorize....waitrose - i could go on. A whole host of restaurants, cafes and pubs and obviously the sea, and then you are half hour away from Brighton or Chichester, Brighton for the cosmopolitan atmosphere and Chichester for when you are feeling a litte more 'posh'
But not sure if i wanna return there
Are you thinking of returning to the UK? I heard BC is beautiful x
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Devon/Cornwall would be my first choice - maybe I am getting a tad too old and grey after all. Failing that I would quite like South Wales or North Yorkshire - I think Whitby would be lovely but I dont mind the area around Settle either. I would also like the Highlands - I'd be happy in Oban or on Mull I think and Pitlochry always feels good to me. I enjoy York and the surrounding area so that could be another goer. I know that properties are cheapest in Lincolnshire so more bang for my buck house-wise maybe and still within cooee of the olds in Cambridge. Suffolk also appeals as does the area around Ludlow. Sheesh, I think pretty much anywhere except Birmingham or Bradford would do it for me! Must admit Brighton did not float my boat - it was the biggest disappointment of any of my recent trips, second only to Plymouth which, from what I could see, was Chav-central (both times I visited!).
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:18 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

And what's wrong with Birmingham may I ask? when was the last time you were there?

The city centre has been refurbished greatly in the last 10 to 15 years, and the southern outskirts have some great areas which are as countryfied as anywhere else you might find.

Don't forget Bournville, a lovely area built by the Cadbury brothers for their workers. Great architecture, houses with big gardens.

Each to their own I guess!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:20 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

......... however Devon, Somerset, Cornwall are also very nice.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 1:35 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
And what's wrong with Birmingham may I ask? when was the last time you were there?

The city centre has been refurbished greatly in the last 10 to 15 years, and the southern outskirts have some great areas which are as countryfied as anywhere else you might find.

Don't forget Bournville, a lovely area built by the Cadbury brothers for their workers. Great architecture, houses with big gardens.

Each to their own I guess!
I think some people are hung up on the accent.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:26 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been away? I think that Worthing is OK, has a good town centre - all the staples: M&S, Topshop, Boots, Debenhams, BHS, would say woolworths but that's gone TK Max, Monsoon, Accessorize....waitrose - i could go on. A whole host of restaurants, cafes and pubs and obviously the sea, and then you are half hour away from Brighton or Chichester, Brighton for the cosmopolitan atmosphere and Chichester for when you are feeling a litte more 'posh'
But not sure if i wanna return there
Are you thinking of returning to the UK? I heard BC is beautiful x
Beautiful (although it really is the same all over the province, add and subtract snow and rednecks) but deathly boring. Worthing is really OK, if I had the money to move back to Sussex I would look at the surrounding areas, just to be near the sea. I went to Sussex Uni and stayed there, moving back up to London for four years, then out to BC just under fourteen years ago. My daughter went back as soon as she was old enough.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

I heard BC is beautiful x
It is... its written on all the number plates.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dingbat
Beautiful (although it really is the same all over the province, add and subtract snow and rednecks) but deathly boring. Worthing is really OK, if I had the money to move back to Sussex I would look at the surrounding areas, just to be near the sea. I went to Sussex Uni and stayed there, moving back up to London for four years, then out to BC just under fourteen years ago. My daughter went back as soon as she was old enough.
Same here, where we are is beautiful, but the same over. I find myself travelling for miles to visit a beach exactly the same as the one i live near.

Do you have any recommendations of other towns in Sussex? x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.