Reload this Page >

The truth about the UK please

The truth about the UK please

Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Nuttygeez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The truth about the UK please

Hi all,

I'm looking for as much info on returning to the UK as possible please.

We are a mid 30's couple who are thinking about returning to the UK after nearly 12 years of ex-pat life. My wife has a very strong/solid work history as an executive assistant in the financial sector, all to MD's/COO's. I however have been a professional beach bum as a scuba instructor/captain/watersports manager. Truly I am not a beach bum, but most people do not appreciate what is actually involved in my chosen profession. (Sales, Customer Service, Staff/Time Management, Scheduling, Marketing etc.)

It has got to that point where my wife wants to be closer to her family, rather than the 11 hour flight with which we deal with now. We do not have any kids, mortgage and only mediocre savings, so have to try and plan as much out before we decide to take this step.

We are wondering on what the job/housing markets are like, probably in the Kent/London area.

Any info/advice good or bad will be much appreciated

Thanks
Old Jun 25th 2012, 7:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The truth about the UK please

You can do jobs searches and see for yourself what is about and how much they pay.
http://www.cv-library.co.uk/
http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/home...9725c55d&pid=2
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nuttygeez
Hi all,

I'm looking for as much info on returning to the UK as possible please.

We are a mid 30's couple who are thinking about returning to the UK after nearly 12 years of ex-pat life. My wife has a very strong/solid work history as an executive assistant in the financial sector, all to MD's/COO's. I however have been a professional beach bum as a scuba instructor/captain/watersports manager. Truly I am not a beach bum, but most people do not appreciate what is actually involved in my chosen profession. (Sales, Customer Service, Staff/Time Management, Scheduling, Marketing etc.)

It has got to that point where my wife wants to be closer to her family, rather than the 11 hour flight with which we deal with now. We do not have any kids, mortgage and only mediocre savings, so have to try and plan as much out before we decide to take this step.

We are wondering on what the job/housing markets are like, probably in the Kent/London area.

Any info/advice good or bad will be much appreciated

Thanks
Houses are hard to talk about. They might go up if the bank continues to print money and devalue the currency, or if the downgrade of the private banks leads to higher rates they will certainly come down. Your guess is as good as anyone's. In the meantime, they are still grossly overpriced, but this view would depend on where you are living now.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to check out the spouse visa rules now, and see if you would need to apply before the changes on 9th July. It may not affect you, but then again it may.