British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Trips to Britain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/trips-britain-373114/)

blaze May 12th 2006 8:54 pm

Re: Trips to Britain

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm going to see how thing's go first, can come back when I like, no one here waiting for me :o pretty sure I'll stay on alot longer.

Don't forget to keep up with BE! :)

blaze May 12th 2006 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Of course. Can't imagine much partying in the streets of NJ if England win??

Well there would be your opportunity to get something started then! :D

britvic May 12th 2006 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Of course. Can't imagine much partying in the streets of NJ if England win??

That's great news my Son, thought you was having probs to get to go home.

britvic May 12th 2006 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by blaze
Don't forget to keep up with BE! :)

Blimey sorry to say it but I have a life going full steam back home :D

blaze May 12th 2006 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
Blimey sorry to say it but I have a life going full steam back home :D

What's life without BE (okay, don't answer that! :p )

britvic May 12th 2006 9:32 pm

What's life without BE (okay, don't answer that! :p )

No your right Hon all to boring for me I'm afraid over here.

Elsie The Maid May 13th 2006 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Good call Elsie - that's the way my mind works too. Maybe it's because we both hail from Nottinghamshire?! :p

Mexico or Mansfield? Not much competition really!

Mexico it is - and tomorrow at that. Some Margarita fueled tom-foolery beckons! :beer: :)

'ey up me duck!

Whereabouts in Notts Schnorb? I knew there was a reason I liked you ;)

Speaking of margaritas....mine are world famous did you know? Jcapulet's bin trying to get her hands on 'em for a while now!

Tarrah

Jaxbar May 13th 2006 3:09 am

When we came here in October last year I had already provisionally taken a rebooking for a little jazz festival this Sept in Yorkshire. Now I can see that it is unrealistic financially and for vacation time etc.
I also feel that going back would unsettle my life here and as my singing is what I miss most I don't want to be reminded what I'm missing. Add to that still no bloody green card!

So maybe next year and a lot of Skype time to family and friends in the meantime.

dgsyd1 May 13th 2006 3:37 am

Under normal circumstances, we'd be off to Blighty tomorrow. Trouble is we can't make the trip this year, so I'm already looking forward to next May. Although to be honest I'm also already dreading being on a plane for 8 hours with a 3 year old.

ScousePete May 13th 2006 3:42 am

I've been here for 10 years. For the first five years I went back home once a year. For the past five years I haven't been back. Partly due to getting a new job that doesn't have that much vacation time, and also, as someone else said, I want to spend my time relaxing on a beach rather than spending two weeks driving around visiting everyone.

It's funny, since I moved to Florida lots of rellies have been to visit :)

antjen May 13th 2006 7:10 am

How often do you go (home! :) ) to Britain? Do you go as often as you would like or is it too little for your liking and if it's the latter then what are the things that prohibit you from travelling more.
:)

I normally go back about once a year, sometimes more - but only because its business trips - if i had to pay for it myself, it would probably be every 2-3 years. as its business its normally only a couple of days at a time but i normally tag a couple of days vacation on whilst im there - too bloody far to fly for 1 or 2 days!!!!

Ant

antjen May 13th 2006 7:12 am

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Under normal circumstances, we'd be off to Blighty tomorrow. Trouble is we can't make the trip this year, so I'm already looking forward to next May. Although to be honest I'm also already dreading being on a plane for 8 hours with a 3 year old.

8 hrs lucky you, im on the west coast so its around 11 :( - but then again you have a 3 yr old to contend with.... so i think i shall stick to my solitary 11

Ant

blaze May 13th 2006 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by dgsyd1

I'm with you on the (almost 3 year old) and the plane trip thing, YIKES! :D

blaze May 13th 2006 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ScousePete
It's funny, since I moved to Florida lots of rellies have been to visit :)

Funny, I've heard that about expats living in Florida, I wonder why that is? :D

blaze May 13th 2006 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by antjen
8 hrs lucky you, im on the west coast so its around 11 :( - but then again you have a 3 yr old to contend with.... so i think i shall stick to my solitary 11

Ant

That's why I live on the east coast! :p