A trip

Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough
Default A trip

We've decided to take a trip this summer instead of jumping right into moving. We've been to the UK, all over, before, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts for us. We want to mostly explore the southern parts of England, we will fly into London and rent a car. I definitely want to see Devon and Cornwall and the rest of the southern counties, but at the same time I am interested in exploring all the way on up to Manchester- so my question is does anyone have any suggestions on 'must sees'? What should not be missed?
Does anyone have any idea of a route pattern we should consider taking?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A trip

Originally Posted by Beccarose
We've decided to take a trip this summer instead of jumping right into moving. We've been to the UK, all over, before, but I am curious if anyone has any thoughts for us. We want to mostly explore the southern parts of England, we will fly into London and rent a car. I definitely want to see Devon and Cornwall and the rest of the southern counties, but at the same time I am interested in exploring all the way on up to Manchester- so my question is does anyone have any suggestions on 'must sees'? What should not be missed?
Does anyone have any idea of a route pattern we should consider taking?
If you come "Up North" we will see countryside the will equal if not beat some of the Southern Counties. Derbyshire is a gem with the Peak District just on our doorstep (I think the 2nd most visited Park in the U.K) and close to Manchester, North Yorkshire is just glorious, with lots villages and market towns to visit, Leeds is a fine old City and York and Harrogate are not to far away and the North East Coastline is something to see. Cheshire also has lovely scenery (I prefer the hill's rather than the plains) wonderful Canal routes and plenty of Stately Homes and the jewel in the Northern Crown is the Lake District, it really is breathtaking even more so in this wonderful weather we are experiencing at them moment. We have been living "back home" now for 3 years and are still spoilt with what we still want to see and do. Today alone my son and I walked our dog along the Marple Canal from High Lane to Adlington, we watched the barges go by, other walkers, cyclists and the scenery is lovely, with Lymm Park to one side and a view across the Cheshire Plains to the Coast and Wales, we stopped and had lunch by the Canal and walked back to our car, honestly it was bliss.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for the reply. I have sort of a stupid question, where is Marple Canal? My google searches don't seem to want to show me...
Old Jun 7th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beccarose
Thank you for the reply. I have sort of a stupid question, where is Marple Canal? My google searches don't seem to want to show me...
I Googled it from this end for you, it looks lovely!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ma...w=1366&bih=599

http://www.marple-uk.com/Canals.htm
Old Jun 10th 2013, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by larrabee
Thank you, yes it does look lovely!