Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Travelling from London Heathrow to Lincolnshire

Wikiposts

Travelling from London Heathrow to Lincolnshire

Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling from London Heathrow to Lincolnshire

Originally Posted by Bevm
Really, the tube from Heathrow isn't bad, especially if you're not in a hurry. If you want a bit of extra breathing space there's the express. Not only is it faster, but there's less risk of a big crowd. They may not sell more tickets than they have seats. I don't know.

A backpack is a good idea, though, and a little one for the kid. If you choose carefully, you can probably get all the clothes you'll need in a moderate sized backpack that won't be too heavy, and that'll give you a two free hands if the kid is tricky.

It sounds as if you might get into London in the rush hour. What the best option is then, I don't know!

Bev
Last time I was in London I got the express to Paddington and then the tube to Angel Station and it wasn't too bad but I was on my own not dragging a kid along. Actually when I fly to London a few weeks ago on my way to Vienna they were selling the tickets for the express on the plane

Last edited by Elaine B.; Oct 20th 2008 at 8:18 am. Reason: Oops
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Last time I was in London I got the express to Paddington and then the tube to Angle Station and it wasn't too bad but I was on my own not dragging a kid along. Actually when I fly to London a few weeks ago on my way to Vienna they were selling the tickets for the express on the plane
is that a new station...never heard of it?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
is that a new station...never heard of it?
oops let me edit that
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:25 am
Account Closed

oops let me edit that
i would hate some poor sod heeding your travel instructions looking for the angle station
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

i would hate some poor sod heeding your travel instructions looking for the angle station
I'd only do that to someone I don't like
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:40 am
Account Closed

I'd only do that to someone I don't like
i always think of it as the 'angel islington' and so i too was curious if perhaps there was a new station...btw don't give up your day job
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

i always think of it as the 'angel islington' and so i too was curious if perhaps there was a new station...btw don't give up your day job
That's just what my OH always calls it, he has spent a lot of time over the years at The Jury's Hotel near there on Pentonville Road.

Also who said I had a day job
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:57 am
Account Closed

That's just what my OH always calls it, he has spent a lot of time over the years at The Jury's Hotel near there on Pentonville Road.

Also who said I had a day job
just a joke dear, just a joke..
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

just a joke dear, just a joke..
Don't worry I know