Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Transferring funds from Canadian Bank acccount to UK account

Transferring funds from Canadian Bank acccount to UK account

Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada...destination Scotland...sooner rather than later!
abaker65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring funds from Canadian Bank acccount to UK account

Hi there everyone,
I just wondered if it was fairly straightforward to transfer funds from my Canadian bank account to my new UK bank account (when I get there and get it set up) Does anyone foresee any problems with this? I want to keep my Canadian account open for a while as I have monies being deposited on a regular basis, but I just want to be able to have access to the money if needed.
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

ANye is a jewel in the roughANye is a jewel in the roughANye is a jewel in the roughANye is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Transferring funds from Canadian Bank acccount to UK account

I suggest you shop around for currency transfer quotes as most banks charge commission when you send money overseas and make sure that you get the best exchange rate from an FCA authorised foreign exchange provider. Typically, a foreign exchange broker's rate can be up to 4% better than the banks.

Most foreign exchange providers can help with one-off or regular payments and you may find that in some cases you can have your money transferred to your UK account within 24 hours.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada...destination Scotland...sooner rather than later!
Default Re: Transferring funds from Canadian Bank acccount to UK account

Thanks ANye. Either way, it shouldn't be a problem...that's great!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I use xe.com. Just be sure to select credit by ACH/ clearing house transfer (or whatever the option is) and NOT "wire", because otherwise the bank in the UK will stick you with a wire fee.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

+2 for Xe.com
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again guys