Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Transferring allmy funds to UK

Transferring allmy funds to UK

Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring allmy funds to UK

I have an on line brokerage account and transfer funds to my UK based account with an overseas bank registered under the BOE. My bank knows I have funds under management as they receive regular payments to my account. Nothing big yet but regular all the same.

When the time comes to deposit larger proceeds for UK house buying. I will be sending copy contract notes to my bank to evidence source.

As for opening a mainstream high st account in the UK that will have to wait until I return.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring allmy funds to UK

UK banks are required to inform HMRC of all deposited funds over 10K.
If you know you will be depositing large amounts then just let them know where it's coming from.

We advised our UK bank they would receive the proceeds of our UK house sale and all they asked was who was the solicitor the money would come from.
However, I then wanted to transfer most of it to the UK arm of a Philippine bank for future transfer over here. They had no problem so long as I sent them a copy of the solicitors final invoice.

Each bank has to abide by the money laundering rules, but can , and do, interpret it in different ways.