Time to Sell!

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to Sell!

I had doubts creep in before I left. I would worry about if it was the right thing to do but now that I am here there have been no doubts. Once you land hopefully you will feel at home and any doubts will be gone.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 3:51 pm
a long way from home

lindseymac is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes me feel better knowing these wobbles are normal. We have only been away for 2 years and do worry that we've not given it long enough, but I do know I will never be as happy here than at home even in 20 years.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

I think the dumbest wobble I had was someone I was speaking to said, "Aren't you worried you won't get a job because of your Canadian accent?" THANKS A LOT! So after the sick feeling in my tummy went away, I thought, "What a silly statement... there are ALL kinds of ethnic English accents in the UK, and pretty much all of them were able to find work if they were looking... so what if I sound Canadian - maybe our employers will think we sound cute!"
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Wagaress is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pondhopper2014
I think the dumbest wobble I had was someone I was speaking to said, "Aren't you worried you won't get a job because of your Canadian accent?" THANKS A LOT! So after the sick feeling in my tummy went away, I thought, "What a silly statement... there are ALL kinds of ethnic English accents in the UK, and pretty much all of them were able to find work if they were looking... so what if I sound Canadian - maybe our employers will think we sound cute!"
Good luck pond hopper, we just put our house up for sale. Feeling a bit sick :/
Old Jun 6th 2014, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

movingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nicemovingbacktotheuksoon is just really nice

For us we want a clean start - and our furniture is rather bulky. Nothing is new, so it's not like we've spent a fortune and will take a huge loss...

If we travel icelandair, they have two checked bags for each person plus carry-on - so that's like three bags in one shot PLUS carry-ons AND that doesn't even include what my Hunny will take over when he goes job-hunting ahead of us! I'm sure I can get everything we really need over. And if not, we'll send some stuff to family who always check an empty bag when they go to the UK (so they can come home with stuff from the charity shops - instead they can pack the bag with our stuff and over the course of a year, we should have everything over there that matters.

A lovely holiday on the coast... that sounds wonderful!!! I think we might take a week in Bath when we get there (I love Bath, and I want to share my favourite place with my children as soon as possible when we get there!)

We'll should try to meet up when you come to Bath , I'll have been living there by then for a few months, so hopefully will be a bit settled in and can exhale the massive breath I'm keeping in at the moment! We move in less than two weeks now, it's countdown for us now for sure. Time flies so hold on tight and ride the wave, it's exciting, scary, amazing and every emotion in between at times, but it still feels right so I know deep down it will prove to be a great decision for us.

I'm sure you will have made the right decision too, you sound like you really want to be there.

I've sold tons of stuff, and I'm so happy to get rid of it, we had so much "stuff" useless items that just cluttered up the place and needed dusting way too often! I feel a lot happier having purged all the unnecessary items. Thankfully sold most of it, but gave a lot away to the charity shops etc too. It felt great to give
it away, love the fact that other people will get to find a use for it all and enjoy it.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by r0briley
Ha Ha-Thank you for making me laugh.......the thought of all that lovely British chocolate just waiting for us to devour is a good thing to hold on to :-)
I'm dead serious... isn't that the PRIMARY reason to move to the UK?!?!? Have I been misled??
Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by movingbacktotheuksoon
We'll should try to meet up when you come to Bath , I'll have been living there by then for a few months, so hopefully will be a bit settled in and can exhale the massive breath I'm keeping in at the moment! We move in less than two weeks now, it's countdown for us now for sure. Time flies so hold on tight and ride the wave, it's exciting, scary, amazing and every emotion in between at times, but it still feels right so I know deep down it will prove to be a great decision for us.

I'm sure you will have made the right decision too, you sound like you really want to be there.

I've sold tons of stuff, and I'm so happy to get rid of it, we had so much "stuff" useless items that just cluttered up the place and needed dusting way too often! I feel a lot happier having purged all the unnecessary items. Thankfully sold most of it, but gave a lot away to the charity shops etc too. It felt great to give
it away, love the fact that other people will get to find a use for it all and enjoy it.
I would LOVE that... have a nice cuppa! I am planning on taking the kids to Bath either way, it's only the MOST gorgeous place on Earth. I'm so jealous that you get to LIVE there! Maybe we will too, who knows, it depends on jobs. I'm thinking we're heading to Derby or Manchester... more of my Hunny's line of work up there, I think.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:38 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You should have said, "Try telling that to the Governor of the Bank of England"
Old Jun 8th 2014, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you will have a problem. I have a bit of an accent, too. Once there, it will soon go.

And thanks for that mortgage info. It's good to know how things stand over there so I can be prepared.